FARMINGDALE, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Today, New Jersey Resources (NYSE:NJR) held its 63rd Annual Meeting at the Eagle Oaks Golf and Country Club in Farmingdale, New Jersey, where shareowners re-elected Lawrence R. Codey, Laurence M. Downes, Robert B. Evans and Alfred C. Koeppe to the Company’s board of directors for new three-year terms.
“New Jersey Resources has an exceptional board of directors, whose leadership, experience and insight has served our Company, customers and shareowners well,” said Laurence M. Downes, chairman and chief executive officer of New Jersey Resources. “I appreciate the confidence of our shareowners, and remain committed to delivering performance of which we all can be proud.”
At the meeting, shareowners also approved a non-binding advisory resolution on the compensation of NJR’s named executive officers and ratified the appointment of Deloitte & Touche, LLP as its independent registered public accounting firm for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2016.
In other business, Rhonda Figueroa was named the Company’s corporate diversity officer. Ms. Figueroa joined NJR in 1981, and has served as corporate secretary since 2006. In her new role, she will be responsible for leading the Company’s efforts to advance diversity as a core value and competitive advantage. Additionally, assistant general counsel Richard Reich was appointed the new corporate secretary. Mr. Reich joined NJR’s Legal Department in 2006. In addition to his current responsibilities, he will serve as the secretary to the board of directors of NJR and its subsidiaries, as well as the Company’s registered agent and keeper of records.
“With the leadership, professionalism and dedication they both continue to demonstrate, I am confident Rhonda and Rich will distinguish themselves in their new roles,” stated Downes. “Our Company is fortunate to have such talented people on our team.”
About New Jersey Resources
New Jersey Resources (NYSE: NJR) is a Fortune 1000 company that provides safe and reliable natural gas and clean energy services, including transportation, distribution and asset management. With annual revenues in excess of $3 billion, NJR is comprised of five primary businesses:
- New Jersey Natural Gas is NJR’s principal subsidiary that operates and maintains over 7,000 miles of natural gas transportation and distribution infrastructure to serve over half a million customers in New Jersey’s Monmouth, Ocean and parts of Morris, Middlesex, Sussex and Burlington counties.
- NJR Energy Services manages a diversified portfolio of natural gas transportation and storage assets and provides physical natural gas services to its customers across North America.
- NJR Clean Energy Ventures invests in, owns and operates solar and onshore wind projects with a total capacity of over 195 megawatts, providing residential and commercial customers with low-carbon solutions.
- NJR Midstream serves customers from local distributors and producers to electric generators and wholesale marketers through its equity ownership in a natural gas storage facility and its stake in Dominion Midstream Partners, L.P.
- NJR Home Services provides heating, central air conditioning, standby generators, solar and other indoor and outdoor comfort products to residential homes and businesses throughout New Jersey.
NJR and its nearly 1,000 employees are committed to helping customers save energy and money by promoting conservation and encouraging efficiency through Conserve to Preserve® and initiatives such as The SAVEGREEN Project® and The Sunlight Advantage®.
For more information about NJR:
Follow us on Twitter @NJNaturalGas.
“Like” us on facebook.com/NewJerseyNaturalGas.
Download our free NJR investor relations app for iPad, iPhone and Android.