SCHAUMBURG, Ill.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--American InterContinental University (AIU®) is proud to announce that it once again has been recognized for its service and dedication to military students. The University recently was honored as one of Victory Media’s 2016 Military Friendly® Schools for the seventh year in a row and named a Top School in the 2016 Military Advanced Education’s (MAE) Guide to Colleges and Universities for the ninth year in a row.
“AIU has long been committed to delivering the opportunity of higher education to those who serve our country,” said Dr. George Miller, President of AIU. “We are honored to serve military students, veterans and their families throughout their educational journey with flexible, quality programs that support their unique needs.”
The Military Friendly® schools designation is awarded to those higher education institutions that demonstrate leading practices in attracting and supporting post-military students. Participants are evaluated in areas including academic credibility, support, flexibility, tuition assistance and more. Similarly, MAE’s Top School designation recognizes universities for their achievement in military culture, financial aid, flexibility, and support services, including online support.
A Strong Foundation of Support for Servicemembers and Families
AIU’s support for military students, veterans and their families spans the educational experience, with a wide range of initiatives including:
- Dedicated Military Admissions and Financial Aid Advisors: In addition to a dedicated military admissions team to serve active duty and veteran students, AIU’s military financial aid advisors are trained specifically in military tuition assistance, MyCAA, and VA education benefits to support active duty and military students as well as their spouses and dependents.
- Tuition Discounts and Grants: Active military undergraduate students, including members of the Reserves and National Guard, can receive a 45% tuition grant at AIU Online. Active military graduate students and members of the Reserves and National Guard can receive a 20% tuition grant. AIU also awards grants equal to up to 10% of the cost of tuition for eligible military and veteran spouses.
- Transfer Credit Options: Seven out of 10 AIU military students received transfer credit for previous college, work and/or military experience. Students’ military training and experience are evaluated per ACE (American Council on Education) recommendations, and AIU’s prior learning assessment team also reviews each student's prior college credit, CLEP and DANTES exam scores as well as any certifications they may already hold to determine which program criteria may have already been met.
- Military-friendly Policies: AIU’s deployment hold policy allows students to put their education on hold for the length of their deployment and return when it ends.
- Flexible Schedules and 24/7 Online Classes: The ability to access classes anytime, anywhere Internet access is available is ideal for military students who are traveling, relocating or deployed overseas.
For more information about AIU’s commitment to military students and to contact an admissions advisor, visit http://www.aiuniv.edu/military.
About American InterContinental University
Founded in Europe in 1970, American InterContinental University offers a wide range of undergraduate and graduate degrees in programs such as business, healthcare, IT, criminal justice and education at campuses in Atlanta and Houston and an Internet-based online campus headquartered in suburban Chicago. AIU is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission, www.hlcommission.org. AIU cannot guarantee employment or salary. Find employment rates, financial obligations and other disclosures at www.aiuniv.edu/disclosures.