DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/vsxgjp/bricks_blocks) has announced the addition of the "Bricks, Blocks and Precast Concrete Products Market Report - UK 2015-2019 Analysis" report to their offering.
The market for bricks, blocks, concrete precast products, cast stone and natural stone peaked in 2007 and reached a low point of in 2012, before starting to recover. Since then, growth has been strong with the market estimated to have grown by around 25% between 2012 and 2014 by value. Current estimates indicate that £2bn threshold will be within reach at the end of 2015. Key specific factors trends that drive this market include the health and performance of the housing sector, levels of public sector investment in major projects and developments, business confidence & investment, as well as consumer confidence and spending.
Bricks were estimated to account for around 30% share of the total market in 2014 within indications that good growth experienced 2013-14 has continued into 2015 with further double digit growth. UK manufacturers of bricks have been placed under significant pressure by a sudden spike in demand after 5 years of volume decline and significant cuts in production. Major players have been reopening mothballed plants, creating jobs and increasing shifts, as well as investing in technology and skills in order to boost output. Imports have also risen significantly in the period 2012-2014.
Key issues covered:
- Detailed assessment of the market - market sizes, product mixes and product trends.
- Bricks - facing, engineering and common.
- Concrete blocks - dense, lightweight and aerated.
- Precast concrete products - stairs, floors, balconies, crosswall panels etc.
- Natural and cast stone.
- Review of supply and distribution structure
- Forecasts of market developments - 2016 to 2019.
Key areas of insight include:
- Recent market trends and impact of changing housebuilding market, sustainability issues.
- Precast concrete review - blocks, flooring, crosswall panels, foundations, columns, bathroom pods etc.
- Housebuilding review - 2009-H1 2015 volumes, forecasts up to 2019, housebuilding mix by build method.
- Industry restructuring - review of key players, market shares etc.
- Short term prospects in 2015-16 and medium-term forecasts to 2019, prospects and market drivers.
- Review of key distribution channels - Builders Merchants, Factors, direct supply etc.
Key Topics Covered:
2. Summary and Future Prospects
3. Economic Environment
4. The UK Construction Market
6. Precast Concrete Blocks
7. Precast Concrete Structural Products
8. Natural Stone
9. Distribution Channels
- A J Mugridge
- Acheson & Glover
- Aggregate Industries
- Albion Stone
- All About Bricks
- Amber Precast
- Brick Market
- Broadmead RCS
- Buchan Concrete Solutions
- Carlton Main Brickworks
- Cemco Merchant Network
- Cemex UK
- Coltman Precast Concrete
- H&B Group
- H+H Celcon
- Hanson Building Products
- Ibstock Brick
- James & Taylor
- L&T Stone Supplies
- Meon Brick Company
- Michelmersh Brick
- PD Edenhall
- Sandstone Fashions
- Stanton Bonna
- Stowell Concrete' Tarmac Building Products
- Taylor Maxwell Group
- The Combined Buying Association (CBA)
- Thomas Armstrong (Concrete Blocks)
- Van Elle
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/vsxgjp/bricks_blocks