ENGLEWOOD, Colo.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--U.S. Senators John Cornyn (Texas) and Lisa Murkowski (Alaska) will participate in a special policy dialogue during the 35th IHS CERAWeek, February 22-26 at the Hilton Americas—Houston. Senator Cornyn, the Senate Majority Whip and Senator Murkowski, who chairs the Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee, will join Daniel Yergin, IHS vice chairman and conference chair, for a discussion on the U.S. and global energy future, Friday, February 26.
“We are honored to be joined by Senators Cornyn and Murkowski at IHS CERAWeek 2016,” said Yergin of IHS Inc. (NYSE: IHS), the leading global source of critical information and insight. “Their experience and leadership on important energy issues and other public policy issues will provide key insights at a transformative time, both in the United States and the broader energy world.”
IHS CERAWeek is recognized as a leading forum offering insight into the energy future. Chaired by Daniel Yergin, IHS CERAWeek 2016, Energy Transition: Strategies for a New World, will mark the event’s 35th anniversary and will convene more than 2,800 delegates from more than 50 countries and more than 300 speakers to provide fresh insights and critically important dialogue on the most urgent issues and realities to be faced in energy markets, technologies and geopolitics.
Senators Cornyn and Murkowski will join a distinguished group of speakers that will include U.S. Secretary of Energy, Ernest Moniz; the CEOs of ConocoPhillips, GE, Royal Dutch Shell and Siemens; the President of Mexico; distinguished energy ministers; the Vice Chairman of the U.S. Federal Reserve Board and leaders of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, Energy Information Administration and the Texas Public Utility Commission.
Key themes to be explored at IHS CERAWeek 2016 will include responses to volatility and uncertainty in a time of low oil prices; what’s ahead for markets, investment, costs and technology; the environmental agenda, including climate policy and responses to the COP 21 climate conference in Paris; changing structure of the electric power industry; prospects for renewables; emerging competitive strategies and industry structure; and regulatory policy and geopolitics.
Featured speakers at IHS CERAWeek 2016 include:
(A complete list of speakers and conference program information are available at www.ceraweek.com)
- H.E. Seyed Mohammad Hossein Adeli, secretary general, GECF
- Philip Asherman, president and CEO, CB&I
- Norman Bay, chairman, Federal Energy Regulatory Commission
- Ben van Beurden, CEO, Royal Dutch Shell
- Fatih Birol, executive director, IEA
- Iain Conn, CEO, Centrica
- Sen. John Cornyn, majority whip, U.S. Senator, State of Texas
- Christopher Crane, president and CEO, Exelon
- Theodore Craver, chairman and CEO, Edison International
- Gregory Ebel, chairman, president and CEO, Spectra Energy
- Russ Girling, president and CEO, Transcanada
- Ólafur Ragnar Grímsson, president, Republic of Iceland
- Stanley Fischer, vice chairman, Federal Reserve Board
- Greg Garland, chairman and CEO, Phillips 66
- David Hager, president and CEO, Devon
- John Hess, CEO, Hess Corporation
- Jeffrey Immelt, chairman and CEO, General Electric
- Sultan Ahmed Al Jaber, CEO, energy, Mubadala
- Joe Kaeser, president and CEO, Siemens AG
- Yuji Kakimi, president, JERA
- Hirobumi Kawano, president, JOGMEC
- Ryan Lance, chairman and CEO, ConocoPhillips
- Doug Lawler, president and CEO, Chesapeake Energy
- Emilio Lozoya, CEO, PEMEX
- H.E. Tord Lien, minister of petroleum and energy, Norway
- H.E. Gabriel Obiang Lima, minister of mines, industry and energy, Equatorial Guinea
- Thomas May, chairman, president and CEO, Eversource Energy
- Sen. Lisa Murkowski, chairman, Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee, U.S. Senator, State of Alaska
- Donna Nelson, chairman, Texas Public Utility Commission
- Enrique Peña Nieto, president, Mexico
- Kunio Nohata, senior executive officer, Tokyo Gas
- Doug Oberhelman, chairman and CEO, Caterpillar
- Scott Sheffield, chairman and CEO, Pioneer Natural Resources
- Adam Sieminski, administrator, U.S. Energy Information Administration
- Besim Sisman, president and CEO, Turkish Petroleum
- Angela Stent, director, Center for Eurasian, Russian and East European Studies, Georgetown University
- Peter Terium, CEO, RWE
- Jim Teague, CEO, Enterprise Products Partners
- Jean-Pascal Tricoire, chairman and CEO, Schneider Electric
- Steve Williams, president and CEO, Suncor Energy
- Daniel Yergin, vice chairman, IHS (IHS CERAWeek Chairman)
- Yilin Wang, chairman, CNPC
IHS CERAWeek 2016 will be held February 22-26 at the Hilton Americas Hotel in Houston, Texas. Further information and delegate registration is available at www.ceraweek.com.
Media registration is now open. Members of the media interested in covering IHS CERAWeek 2016 are required to apply for accreditation. Applications can be submitted via the following link: http://on.ihs.com/cwmediareg.
About IHS (www.ihs.com)
IHS (NYSE: IHS) is the leading source of insight, analytics and expertise in critical areas that shape today’s business landscape. Businesses and governments in more than 140 countries around the globe rely on the comprehensive content, expert independent analysis and flexible delivery methods of IHS to make high-impact decisions and develop strategies with speed and confidence. IHS has been in business since 1959 and became a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange in 2005. Headquartered in Englewood, Colorado, USA, IHS is committed to sustainable, profitable growth and employs approximately 8,600 people in 32 countries around the world.
IHS is a registered trademark of IHS Inc. All other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners. © 2016 IHS Inc. All rights reserved.