AUSTIN, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Starmount® today announced the release of Starmount Store Inventory™, a new application designed to help retailers maintain accurate store inventory by making it a seamless extension of the retail workflow. Starmount Store Inventory delivers an intuitive user experience on the same powerful mobile platform that store associates use to engage customers and process transactions. This application is also a seamlessly integrated component within the Starmount Customer Engagement Suite™ of omnichannel solutions designed to help retailers run their entire store operation.
A successful omnichannel retail strategy requires accurate store inventory to be a focal point of the overall plan. The more accurate the store inventory, the better the store can serve today’s demanding shoppers. By making store inventory data easier to collect and manage, Starmount Store Inventory helps eliminate count discrepancies and out-of-stocks, with features that include:
- An intuitive, streamlined user experience – with an easy-to-use mobile interface, Store Inventory reduces training time and simplifies the associate’s role in maintaining accurate inventory.
- Flexible receiving – Store Inventory provides the ability to record receipts at multiple levels — such as eaches, cases, pallets, cartons — with capabilities for spot checking during putaways.
- Store shipment creation – improves shipment accuracy by mandating scanning of items to be shipped.
- Cohesive in-store adjustments – one process for all adjustment types including reason codes.
- Cycle counts and full physical inventory – in-store validation of stock count results, with full store control of uploads.
- Price change processing – simplified tools to help store personnel in staging and marking merchandise undergoing price changes.
Starmount Store Inventory enables retailers to better synchronize omnichannel execution across all retail locations, as well as refine their merchandising strategy by identifying non-performing items. With the ability to update inventory either through a real-time API or batch update, retailers gain instant access to inventory details, giving them the ability to further engage with the customer and deliver the omnichannel shopping experience consumers expect.
“A successful omnichannel strategy requires inventory accuracy,” said Greg Davis, Vice President of Product Strategy, Starmount. “Adding this key application to our omnichannel solution provides retailers with another critical piece of the enterprise architecture puzzle that helps them maximize their return on inventory investment and enhance customer satisfaction.”
Starmount solutions power the store as the center of the omnichannel retail experience, creating a data-rich commerce platform to engage shoppers, streamline operations, and support seamless and consistent cross-channel customer interactions. Our solutions combine the best of in-store, online, and mobile shopping to empower associates to personalize the store visit, drive more sales anywhere in the store with robust product information, and access and fulfill inventory from any location. We’re the partner of choice for innovative brands who are redefining the role their stores play in today’s new era of retail. www.starmount.com