NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Samsung Electronics America, Inc. today at the NRF BIG Show 2016 announced new solutions designed to empower retailers in real-world environments, from attracting customers at the storefront to driving business efficiencies in the back office. Samsung will be showcasing its retail solutions in four settings depicting the customer life cycle including Attract, Interact, Transact and Back Office. Technology ranging from commercial displays to tablet based POS will be shown in the Samsung booth #2062 at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center from January 17-19.
“As online shopping continues to grow in popularity and millennials emerge as the most populous generation, retailers face the challenge to provide custom, seamless in-store experiences for today’s connected shoppers,” said Ted Brodheim, vice president of vertical business at Samsung Electronics America. “Samsung is committed to meeting retailer’s most pressing needs and providing technology that drives engagement and sales.”
According to a Forrester report, brick-and-mortar retailers will use digital technology to personalize shopping and create immersive and engaging in-store experiences that are hard to replicate at home. “The future will belong to retailers that create new sources of customer value through digital experiences while delivering operational excellence…The digital technologies that succeed will be those that create value saving time, making the shopping experience easier and enhancing the pleasure of shopping.”*
Samsung will bring to life its comprehensive portfolio of digital technology solutions through four retail vignettes showing the customer journey including Attract, Interact, Transact and Back Office.
Attract: Enticing Customers at the Storefront and Online
Samsung’s outdoor SMART displays and mobile engagement solutions attract customers outside of the store, driving them into the retail space and providing retailers with key insights to offer engaging and informative in-store experiences. Samsung will highlight customized solutions including:
- Industry Weapon Mall Wayfinding – In collaboration with digital signage software provider Industry Weapon, this solution leverages the Samsung OH46D, an all-weather display ideal for outdoor shopping and the Samsung OM55D, a semi-outdoor display designed for store windows where content can be read in direct sunlight. Retailers can design, schedule and publish multi-media content across multiple Samsung devices.
- Skava Tablet Check-in App and Associate Tablet – Customers can schedule appointments from their phone to drive face to face engagement with associates in the store. Retailers can deliver seamless personalized experiences through beacon triggered notifications and manage appointments on Samsung’s Galaxy Tab S2 tablets. The solution is intended for luxury, high end retailers and department stores where customers are looking for personal shopping, makeovers or for a gift registry. Transactions can be tracked and tied to loyalty programs.
Interact: Engaging and Informing Customers In-Store
Samsung will also demonstrate how retailers can leverage technology to create custom and engaging in-store experiences that result in increased engagement and sales, including:
- Coloredge Digital Mirror Merchandising – A cosmetics gondola outfitted with Samsung’s new 32” LCD Mirror Display will show how to drive deeper engagement in store with RFID triggered content connecting customers to brands. In addition, a 55” Samsung LCD Mirror Display can be used in fitting rooms to trigger branded content. With digital content provided by visual marketing firm Coloredge and fixtures provided by retail fixture specialist Stylmark, the solutions merge the physical and online store experience to provide more information, improving the shopping experience and increasing engagement.
- eyeQ Video Analytics – Retailers and brands can create customized experiences and analyze the characteristics and personality of shoppers. A camera detects characteristics, creates a profile, and adapts the content to be most engaging for that shopper including product recommendations to increase sales. The solution tracks shopper movement and responds to different content or merchandising. A dashboard with live analytics of traffic and engagement in the booth will also be showcased. Retail marketing agency TPN who works with retailers and brands to create connected retail experiences, collaborated with eyeQ on digital strategy, customer experience and personalized content.
Transact: Streamlining POS
Samsung’s innovative POS solutions streamline the transaction process, allowing retailers to more efficiently ring up transactions, track sales and view analytics. They permit staff to be mobile and address customer needs from anywhere on the showroom floor, including:
- Stationary Point of Sale – This solution includes a payment terminal, cash drawer, mounted cash register and receipt printer in an enterprise grade enclosure by Armor Active. Driven by eMobilePOS software from e-Nabler that interfaces with back end ERP systems and anchored by a Samsung tablet, this POS solution also features Samsung Pay redemption on the payment terminal.
- KOAMTAC Mobile Point of Sale with KDC500 mPOS Companion – The KDC500 mPOS Companion provides both mobile point of sale capabilities and an inventory management scanner. Complete with a barcode scanner, magnetic strip and EMV reader, it can be mounted to any Samsung smartphone or tablet case. This flexible and user-friendly solution can be used in a retail environment for payment transactions, line-busting and backroom operations.
- Samsung Pay – Samsung Pay, the most accepted mobile payment system that works at the majority of merchants today, will be demonstrated with the new gift card feature. Samsung Pay now supports 50 popular merchant gift cards as well as a gift card store that enables users to buy gift cards from supported merchants for themselves, friends and family with the Samsung Pay app. Samsung Pay is simple, safe, accepted almost anywhere customers can swipe or tap their card, and can expedite the shopping experience.
- Hipaax TaskWatch Associate Notification System with Samsung Gear S2 – A “hands free” salesforce can be connected with real-time information that enable them to deliver exceptional customer service. Associates can receive notifications for operational tasks and can also assign tasks to other associates from their Samsung Gear S2 smartwatch. With TaskWatch, customers receive attention when needed and supervisors have visibility into real-time operations.
Back Office: Driving Operational Efficiencies
Samsung offers a number of solutions to help retailers manage staff, inventory and analyze purchasing activity, including:
- Adobe Experience Manager Screens – Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) Screens provide a collaborative content authoring and management solution to create in-store interactive content for retailers. Fully integration with the Adobe Marketing Cloud AEM Screens enables seamless omni-channel experiences that are personalized and connected across web, social, print and in-store channels. A retailer can use this in the corporate office to create branded content and collateral for stores or seamlessly make updates to content and push to multiple store locations.
- SOTI MobiControl – This solution is available as on-premise, SaaS or cloud. Retailers can manage mobile devices, barcode scanners, digital signage, mobile point of sale devices and wearables from one unified dashboard. The SOTI MobiControl platform also delivers secure management for applications, content, kiosk mode, geofencing and remote helpdesk.
- Mobile Manager – Mobile merchandisers and district sales managers can use the new Samsung Galaxy TabPro S Windows tablet as a productivity tool when travelling to different retail locations or on the sales floor. A store manager can use custom end user software to review sales figures with an associate or update inventory.
Samsung also offers a range of products for corporate retail management, including multifunction printers, smartphones and wearables. Samsung’s full technology portfolio for retail is available through Samsung distributors and resellers. For more information about Samsung’s solutions for retailers, please visit http://www.samsung.com/retail.
* The Future of the Retail Experience, Forrester Research, Inc., August 2015.
- Website: http://Samsung.com/retail
- Blog: https://insights.samsung.com/category/industries/retail/
- Twitter: @SamsungBizUSA
- LinkedIn: Samsung in Retail
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/SamsungBizUSA
- Slideshare: http://www.slideshare.net/SamsungBusinessUSA
About Samsung Electronics America, Inc.
Headquartered in Ridgefield Park, NJ, Samsung Electronics America, Inc. (SEA), is a recognized innovation leader in consumer electronics design and technology. A wholly owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., SEA delivers a broad range of digital consumer electronics, mobile products and wearables, wireless infrastructure, IT and home appliance products. Samsung is the market leader for HDTVs in the U.S and one of America’s fastest growing home appliance brand. To discover more, please visit www.samsung.com.