MIAMI--(BUSINESS WIRE)--eMerge Americas, a global event which serves as a platform for the advancement of technology, a forum for idea exchange and a launchpad for innovation connecting Latin America, North America and Europe, is ringing in the new year with a series of announcements ahead of the highly-anticipated Spring conference, which will take place April 18 and 19, 2016 in Miami, Florida.
Entering its third year, eMerge Americas is working to meet and exceed expectations for 2016. The event will once again deliver on its distinct and comprehensive content, bringing together the world’s most disruptive thinkers across diverse industries under one roof. eMerge has revealed new world-class speakers confirmed to participate:
- Steve Case, Chairman & CEO, Revolution LLC; Co-Founder, America Online; Chairman, The Case Foundation
- Ralph de la Vega, President & CEO, AT&T Mobile & Business Solutions
- Bibop Gresta, COO & Deputy Chairman of Hyperloop
- Minister Lilianne Ploumen, Minister for Foreign Trade and Development Cooperation, Netherlands
- Carlos Gimenez, Mayor, Miami-Dade County
- Diego Meiriño, General Director of Carvajal Soluciones Educativas-Editorial Norma
- Marc Kushner, Co-Founder of Architizer, HAWKN
- Antonio Caparrós, Fund Manager of INICIA
- Willard Ahdritz, Founder & CEO of Kobalt
- Eduardo E. Cabrera, Vice President Cybersecurity Strategy for Trend Micro
- Leslie Zigel, Shareholder & Chairman of Greenspoon Marder Law’s Entertainment Practice
- Zalmi Duchman, Founder of Fresh Diet
- Heatherjean MacNeil, Global Director of WIN Lab at Babson College
- Rachel Spekman, Director of Programming at MassChallenge
- Dr. Monica Chiarini Tremblay, Chair and Associate Professor of Information Systems & Business Analytics at Florida International University
Furthermore, eMerge has released new details and important dates for the annual Hackathon and Startup Showcase, both returning to eMerge Americas 2016.
The eMerge Americas Hackathon, in partnership with Ironhack, will host participants for an intense coding competition on April 16th and 17th, with the winners taking away cash and prizes.
The Startup Showcase brings together a world-class array of early and later stage companies from around the globe to highlight innovation and disruptive technology. Startups will also have the opportunity of attending the Startup Bootcamp at Venture Hive on April 17th.
With hundreds of angel investors and venture capitalists on the EXPO floor, the exposure alone is powerful. The showcase will culminate with the top companies pitching on eMerge’s Center Stage or “Launchpad” for the chance to walk away with up to $175,000 in cash and prizes. Past competition winners Modernizing Medicine (2014 late-stage), Hair Construction (2014 early-stage), VSNMobile (2015 late-stage) and Symptify (2015 early-stage) received global exposure along with access to key investment opportunities that have helped grow their ventures ever since.
Applicants for the Startup Showcase have three exciting tracks to choose from in 2015—University, Early-Stage and Late-Stage. The deadline for national and international startups who already have a visa is January 31, 2016. For further information please visit www.emergeamericas.org/startups/ to apply.
“Our Startup Showcase highlights talented innovators of the highest caliber from across the United States, Europe and Latin America, and gives them a unique opportunity to connect with hundreds of investors and business leaders,” said Xavier Gonzalez, CEO of eMerge Americas. “2016 promises to be bigger and better; we’ll be hosting some of the world’s leading innovators and top disruptors on our stages.”
More than 10,000 attendees from over 50 countries were present at eMerge Americas 2015, with millions around the globe sharing in the experience thanks to NBCUniversal’s live broadcasts and online streaming. Furthermore, the event attracted more than 500 participating companies from varying industries, including 125 startups from throughout the Americas and the world, the strong support of 175 sponsors and more than 200 expert speakers.
For more information or to register for eMerge Americas 2016, visit www.emergeamericas.org. For the latest eMerge Americas news, connect with us on Facebook, Twitter (@eMergeAmericas), Instagram and LinkedIn.
About eMerge Americas
eMerge Americas serves as the preeminent innovative thought exchange transforming Miami into the technological hub of the Americas. By connecting global industry leaders and investors with the America’s top business executives, IT decision-makers, and innovative entrepreneurs, new partnerships will be forged that will spur visionary innovation and technological advancements in the Americas for the betterment of business and society. Summits focused on healthcare, entertainment and media, finance, cities, and education will address the most pressing issues of today and provide solutions and resources to continue the rapid advances of the 21st century. For more information about eMerge Americas, please visit: www.emergeamericas.org.