LAS VEGAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Ooma, Inc. (NYSE: OOMA), a leading smart business and home communications platform, today announced that its Ooma Telo home phone service now integrates with even more connected devices and services including Apple Watch, Android Wear, Philips Hue, WeMo, LIFX light bulbs and Dropbox, in addition to Ooma’s current integrations with Nest and Amazon Echo.
“Ooma’s smart home phone service can be the centerpiece of your connected home, enhancing the services provided by our partners and creating new ways for you to interact with your home phone,” said Eric Stang, CEO of Ooma. “Our new integrations with popular products and apps leverage the award-winning Ooma communications platform to help make homes smarter than ever.”
These new integrations provide Ooma customers with the convenience and flexibility of using their Ooma Telo with their mobile devices and connected home devices. A sampling of possible uses include:
- Caller-ID on your wrist: Incoming calls on your Ooma Telo generate a real-time push notification of the caller-ID on your Apple Watch, Android Wear, or other iOS and Android devices.
- Visual alerts let the lights do the talking: Identify known callers and avoid interruptions by setting up visual call alerts on your existing lamps using a WeMo smart plug, or on your Philips Hue light bulbs.
- Enable a more illuminated life: With LIFX Wi-Fi enabled LED smart bulbs, you can create customized visual call alerts, such as blinking green for known callers and red for unknown numbers.
- Voicemail notifications: Receive a push notification on your iOS or Android devices when you receive a new voicemail, or get a visual alert on your Philips Hue, WeMo or LIFX light bulbs.
- Voicemail archiving: Automatically save voicemails to your Dropbox account.
The new integrations complement Ooma’s Nest Alerts feature. Nest Alerts makes an Ooma customer’s home safer by alerting them on their mobile device whenever their Nest Protect: Smoke + Carbon Monoxide™ alarm detects the presence of smoke or fire, and enables the homeowner to call 911 from wherever they’re located using their home phone number and address. Originating a 911 call from your home phone number when you’re away from home means you’re connected to the correct local emergency services personnel for your home’s location, no matter how far away you may be, saving valuable time in an emergency.
Ooma Premier users can connect their Ooma Telo with these smart devices and more through the My Ooma web portal. Ooma enables the integrations through partnerships with Nest, Amazon, Dropbox and IFTTT, a free web-based service that allows consumers to creatively control their favorite products and apps to perform functions based on conditional statements.
To connect Ooma Telo with numerous other services and devices, Premier users can go to http://my.ooma.com/apps.
About Ooma, Inc.
Founded in 2004, Ooma creates new communications experiences for small businesses and consumers. Its smart platform serves as a communications hub, offering cloud-based telephony and other connected services. Its telephony services combine PureVoice™ HD call quality and innovative features with mobile applications for reliable anytime, anywhere calling. Ooma has been ranked the No. 1 home phone service for overall satisfaction and value for five consecutive years by the leading consumer research publication. Ooma is also partnering with connected device makers to create smarter offices and homes. Ooma is available in stores and online from leading retailers.
Ooma, PureVoice and the Ooma logo are trademarks of Ooma, Inc. All other company and product names may be trademarks of the respective companies with which they are associated.