--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Life Time Fitness:
Let’s face it – this New Year more than 45% of us “resolutioners” will make a health-related goal but only a fraction of us will keep it. Now in its fourth year, Life Time’s Commitment Day Festival and Fun Run encourages all Cleveland residents to engage in a variety of fun, healthy and educational activities meant to jump-start our 2016 health goals and help us get our healthy back. Highlights for the 2016 Commitment Day Festival and Fun Run include:
- Fourth Annual Commitment Day 5K Fun Run will be hosted at the Life Time Fitness Beachwood location on Jan. 1. For those who prefer the great indoors, all Life Time clubs will have several activities taking place to mark your commitment to a healthier 2016. Registration is open now through race day at www.commitmentday.com/ohio.
- C9 Challenge Group Fitness Jam will feature Life Time’s newest and most popular Signature Group Fitness class in partnership with Target’s C9 active wear collection.
- Indoor Triathlon Hour powered by IRONMANTM will be hosted on Jan 3. Participants will swim for 10 minutes, bike for 30 minutes and run for 20 minutes for this first time and experienced triathlete event.
- Fit Talks and Workout Workshops to know, nourish and move your body for optimal results.
- Family Fun Events engaging the whole family with gym activities and an indoor pool party.
- Evening Celebrations with LifeCafe happy hours and social cycles in our cycle studios.
WHEN / WHERE: *Festival activities and times may vary by club
Jan. 1 – Commitment Day Fun Run at 10 a.m.
Jan. 2 – C9 Challenge Group Fitness Jam
Jan. 3 – Indoor Triathlon Hour powered by IRONMAN at 7 a.m.
Life Time Fitness Beachwood, 3850 Richmond Road, Beachwood, OH 44122
- Every year 45% of Americans make resolutions yet only 8% achieve them
- Top resolutions: lose weight, get organized, spend less/save more, enjoy life more, be more fit
- 39% of people in their twenties keep resolutions
- 14% of people over 50 achieve their resolutions
Source: University of Scranton. Journal of Clinical Psychology
- Human interest–how Commitment Day has changed the lives of local residents
- How do you start? You’re ready to make a change but what do you need to succeed.
- Exercising in the elements—is it ever too cold to get out there?
- Anyone can try a tri: a what you need to know tutorial on this new trend
- Creating a family committed to fitness—family centered activities for all ages
- Joining a health club for the New Year? What to look for.
Media are invited to attend the Commitment Day 5K Fun Run and any of the Commitment Day Festival Activities. A Life Time expert can be available anytime for taped or live interviews. Please contact Amy Henderson at 952.229.7721 (office) or 612.207.8139 (cell) or by email at email@example.com.