DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/dwh6gd/the_medical) has announced the addition of the "The Medical Device Market: Switzerland" report to their offering.
The report expects the Swiss medical device market to exhibit below average growth for the Western European region over the 2014-2019 period, with other medical devices and consumables registering the highest growth during this period.
Further depreciation of the Swiss franc against the US dollar will be the main factor restricting growth in US dollar terms during the early part of the forecast period. Over the last 15 years the Swiss medical technology sector has grown faster than almost any other sector in the country. Government technology development programmes, favourable tax rates, quality staff and research have all contributed
Headline Industry Forecasts:
- Medical device market to grow by a projected 2014-2019 CAGR of 3.9%, but market growth will be weaker in US dollar terms due to the projected depreciation of the Swiss franc against the dollar over the next couple of years. The report forecasts a 2014-2019 CAGR of 2.1% to take the market to USD4,083.9mn in 2019.
- Over 80% of the medical device market is supplied by imports. In the 12 months to July 2015, imports fell by 0.7% to $4,471.5mn.
- In the 12 months to July 2015, exports fell by 3.0% to $10,832.9mn.
- The Swiss market provides high quality products and has a reputation for innovation. Domestic manufacturing is very strong, particularly in the orthopaedics sector, where Switzerland is one of the world's leading exporters. The report estimates domestic medical device production to be around $10bn.
Key Topics Covered:
- Industry Forecast
- Macroeconomic Forecasts
- Industry Risk/Reward Index
- Market Overview
- Industry Trends And Developments
- Regulatory Development
- Competitive Landscape
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/dwh6gd/the_medical