DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/sqn863/optical_disc) has announced the addition of the "Optical Disc Archive 2015" report to their offering.
This is the 4th analysis report relating to Optical Disc Archive market. This report has been published annually since 2012. While 2015-version is positioned as an update version of these, it does not only present the update information, but also is made to make readers to comprehend the overall picture of Optical disc archive even if there is some overlap with existing reports.
When describing the same contents as in previous reports in a qualitative-analysis section, the information described is updated according to current situations in each discussion. In recent days, a major change has been seen in the definition of archive. It does not mean storing the data which is required to be stored for a long time such as official documents in a narrow sense. Rather, it often indicate archiving including Cold archive at the each stage of Cold storage. Based on the definition of archive in a broad sense, this report uses the term archive even when it indicates archive in a narrow sense.
Key highlights of this report:
- The expansion trend of cold storage capacity such as HDD and LTO has become clear in 2014 and reduction of LTO in quantity has stopped. The demand for cold storage which is important for penetration of optical disc archive is rapidly becoming strong.
- Facebook is scheduled to set up pilot plant using 100GB Blu-ray disc in 2015, initially scheduled in 2014.
- Small- to mid-sized optical disc archive is steady, but the efforts of each maker has not brought a great change yet. More effort for enlightenment of optical disc archive is necessary.
- Application of optical disc archive for video archive is favourably increasing.
Key Topics Covered:
2. Executive Summary
2.1. Archive Trend Overview
2.2. Current State of Optical Storage for Enterprise Use
2.3. Global Archive Storage Capacity Trend
3. Business Model and Approach of Optical Disc Archive
3.1. Concept and Meaning of Optical Disc Archive
3.2. History and Obstacles of Supporting Archive in Optical Storage
3.3. Practical Application by Off-line, Near-line Archive Type
3.4. Categorization of Business Models by Application: Form, Player, Size
3.5. Business Model by Client's Data Size (Large, Medium, and Small Size) and Current Situation
3.6. Market Overview
4. Cold Storage Technologies and Market Trend
4.3. Optical Disc
4.4. Future Trend Comparison between HDD, LTO, and Optical Disc
5. Market Approaches and Trends of Optical Archive-Related Vendors
5.5. Comparison of Archive Libraries of Various Makers
6. Large Data Center's Understanding and Approach towards Optical Storage
6.1. Alibaba's View on Cold Storage
6.2. Facebook's Moves in 2014-2015
7. Facebook's Optical Storage System-Related Business Outlook
7.1. Detailed Business Concept of Facebook's Optical Storage Application and Analysis of Business Size
7.2. Facebook-Related Business Outlook of Optical Storage Vendors
8. Impacts and Ripple Effects of Facebook's Announcement on the Market
8.1. Potentials for Horizontal Expansion of Data Center
8.2. Future Adoption of Optical Disc Archive by Enterprise Storage Users
9. Increase Trend of Cold Storage Data Capacity and Contribution of Each Storage
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/sqn863/optical_disc