DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/mlbjcw/apple_iphone_6s) has announced the addition of the "Apple iPhone 6s Plus - Teardown & Physical Analyses of Key Components" report to their offering.
The Apple iPhone 6s Plus holds many IC components which are listed and reviewed in the report. All these ICs (more than 60 references) have been opened in order to measure the real silicon area consumption.
A special focus has been made to highlight the component structure and understand the manufacturing process on noteworthy components among 4 selected topics: Advanced packaging, MEMS/Sensor, RF and Imaging. True innovations have been observed in the sensors components like a new process for the MEMS microphone improving the SNR or a 3D packaging with TSV in the fingerprint sensor and many more.
Also a technological comparison with the Samsung Galaxy S6 has been made in order to understand choices made by both smartphone makers.
Key inspected components:
- Fingerprint sensor - new generation: new packaging, new processes (includes TSV)
- eCompass - new supplier, custom product which has never been used in a smartphone
- Microphone - new process improving the SNR
- 6-Axis IMU - new reference, custom design
- Ambient light sensor - new reference, wafer-level package
- Front and rear camera modules
- Flash LED - flip-chip integration
- Apple A9 Processor - advanced Package-on-Package (PoP) structure
- Qualcomm Snapdragon - multi-chip, smallest pitch on the board
- Dialog Power management - largest ball count WLP (380-ball)
- Wi-Fi & Bluetooth combo module
- Power Amplifier Module
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. Apple iPhone 6s Plus Teardown
3. Electronic Board
4. Advanced Packaging
6. RF Devices
7. Camera Modules & Flash LED
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/mlbjcw/apple_iphone_6s