BOSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Nutter announced today a roster of key deals it handled for clients in 2015 including large, sophisticated transactions that transformed and fostered growth in financial and life sciences companies, among others. An award-winning multi-service law firm, Nutter represents a diverse range of companies, institutions, investors, and developers across numerous industries, with a concentration in some of New England’s leading sectors, including life sciences, banking and financial services, real estate and technology.
Highlights of the firm’s 2015 transactions include:
- Negotiating the sale of Tedeschi Food Shops, Inc., a family-owned business, to 7-Eleven Inc., a major, complex transaction for a long-time Nutter client, resulting in Tedeschi’s 181 markets in Massachusetts and New Hampshire becoming part of 7-Eleven’s chain of 10,500 stores in North America.
- Negotiating the largest lease transaction this year in Boston for global learning company Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, which will be relocating its headquarters to 125 High Street in the Financial District. The long-term lease involves nearly 200,000 rentable square feet.
- Negotiating the sale of Harvey Building Products, Inc., a leading independent building products distributor and manufacturer in the Northeast, to Dunes Point Capital, a private equity firm.
- Advising Ekso Bionics Holdings, Inc. in its strategic acquisition of gravity balancing arm technologies of Equipos, LLC. The acquisition will allow Ekso to expand its exoskeleton capabilities (wearable robots which augment human strength, endurance and mobility) in the industrial market.
- Completing the sale of client Admune Therapeutics LLC, a phase 1 clinical stage biotechnology company, to Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research, the Cambridge-based unit of the global health care company. The focus of the acquisition was Admune’s lead compound, Heterodimeric IL-15, a substance that could have a broad range of applications for cancer immunotherapy.
- Representation of Clintara, a privately-held clinical service and technology company, in its sale to strategic acquirer, Bracket Global, LLC.
- Representation of McCarthy Capital, a private equity investment firm, in a recapitalization and growth equity investment in Seven10 Storage Software, LLC, a leading provider of enterprise software-defined-storage solutions and fully automated file migrations.
- Representation of Drafted, Inc., a tech-enabled hiring service that gives people financial incentives to refer qualified candidates to jobs, in $2.5 million venture financing.
- Representation of BoardOn Track, Inc., developer of charter school board governance software, in $1.7 million venture financing.
Nutter is a top Boston-based law firm providing high level legal counsel to clients who range from well-established companies and institutions to early stage entrepreneurs to foundations and families. U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers ranked Nutter in the top tiers nationally in thirteen practice areas and in the top tier for Boston in twelve areas in the 2016 “Best Law Firms” rankings. Nutter was co-founded by Louis D. Brandeis and has been in continuous practice for 136 years.