NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Datadog, the leading SaaS-based monitoring platform for cloud applications, today announced its integration with OpenStack. Datadog’s new OpenStack monitoring features offer customers the ability to easily monitor the health and performance of their OpenStack infrastructure, as well applications that run on it.
“OpenStack is quickly becoming a preferred platform for private cloud environments,” said Amit Agarwal, Chief Product Officer at Datadog. “The scale, dynamic nature, and complexity of OpenStack environments is what Datadog specializes in monitoring. Our deep integration with OpenStack makes it simple for both OpenStack administrators and devops teams to run applications on it.”
Enhancing OpenStack Visibility
The new Datadog integration with OpenStack can be setup in minutes to automatically:
- Debug performance and availability issues with services in the control plane such as Nova, Neutron and Keystone APIs;
- Discover Neutron-managed virtual machines to monitor their performance and availability;
- Measure performance of Nova hypervisors and available compute resources;
- Allow administrators to track and alert on capacity metrics like tenant quota usage;
- Correlate OpenStack performance with 100+ other turnkey integrations with most modern application components.
“Lithium uses Datadog to monitor all aspects of our OpenStack deployment, from the low-level infrastructure to the high-level tenant usage,” said Mike Tougeron, Lead Cloud Platform Engineer at Lithium Technologies. “We are able to quickly gain insight into usage patterns and proactively react to any potential issues. By comparing current usage to historical trends we are able to at a glance do capacity planning for a tenant. As we add new components to our stack, Datadog continues to innovate so that we always know what is happening in our infrastructure.”
Since launching in 2010, Datadog has been adopted by thousands of companies, including Airbnb, Netflix, EA, Spotify, Warner Bros. Games and AdRoll. Datadog allows operations and development teams to turn the massive amounts of data produced by their apps, tools and services into actionable insight. It integrates monitoring and web operations data from close to 100 commonly used technologies in modern applications and processes hundreds of billion records a day for its customers.
- Datadog now supports OpenStack: https://www.datadoghq.com/blog/datadog-now-supports-openstack-monitoring/
OpenStack Monitoring Guide:
- Monitoring OpenStack Nova: https://www.datadoghq.com/blog/openstack-monitoring-nova/
- Collecting Metrics and Notifications from OpenStack Nova: https://www.datadoghq.com/blog/collecting-metrics-notifications-openstack-nova/
- OpenStack Monitoring with Datadog: https://www.datadoghq.com/blog/openstack-monitoring-datadog/
- Company Blog: https://www.datadoghq.com/blog/
- Twitter: @datadoghq: https://www.twitter.com/datadoghq
Datadog is a monitoring service that brings together data from servers, databases, applications, tools, and services to present a unified view of the applications that run at scale in the cloud. These capabilities are provided on a SaaS-based data analytics platform that enables Dev and Ops teams to work collaboratively to avoid downtime, resolve performance problems, and ensure that development and deployment cycles finish on time.