DALLAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Westwood Holdings Group (NYSE:WHG), a Dallas-based investment management firm, was named as one of the 2015 Best Places to Work in Money Management by Pensions & Investments magazine today for the second year in a row. Westwood was recognized as one of five asset managers in the “100 to 499 employees” category for their vibrant company culture, promotion of a healthy work-life balance, emphasis on community service and other special benefits for employees.
“We are honored to be recognized, for the second year in a row, as a Best Place to Work by Pensions & Investments. We are very proud of the work we do for clients and this award further demonstrates how our employee shareholders feel about working here,” said Brian O. Casey, CEO of Westwood Holdings Group, Inc. “This recognition reinforces the work that our team has been doing for over 30 years. One of the most important characteristics of our culture is community service. We encourage all employees to volunteer through company-organized events and through their own initiatives. This year Westwood volunteered with Habitat for Humanity, the North Texas Food Bank, and the Nebraska chapter of TeamMates Mentoring Program. We also contribute to numerous non-profits through our Charitable Events Committees in each of our offices.
Casey went on to say, “We routinely assess our employee benefits and incentives to ensure our employees are proud and excited to work here. We put special emphasis on organizing social activities so that employees have a chance to build meaningful relationships, which translate into a more productive and fun work environment for everyone.”
The selection criterion was based on anonymous employee surveys, which made up 60% of the overall score with the remaining 40% coming from a corporate application. Topics that were evaluated included employee benefits, culture, office space and other unique characteristics of Westwood.
Learn more about Westwood’s winning culture at http://westwoodgroup.com/our-firm/
Westwood Holdings Group, Inc. provides investment management services to institutional investors, private wealth clients and financial intermediaries and manages $20.4 billion in assets*. The firm manages a range of investment strategies including U.S. equities, Global and Emerging Markets equities, Global Convertible securities, and Specialized/Income-oriented portfolios. Access to these strategies is available through separate accounts, commingled funds, the Westwood Funds® family of mutual funds and UCITS funds. Westwood benefits from significant, broad-based employee ownership and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “WHG.” Based in Dallas, TX, Westwood also maintains offices in Toronto, Canada, Boston, MA, Omaha, NE and Houston, TX.
To subscribe to Westwood’s thought leadership pieces: http://westwoodgroup.com/our-firm/subscribe/.
To connect with Westwood on LinkedIn: http://linkd.in/1tty9mZ
*As of September 30, 2015