DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/299wmp/governance_risk) has announced the addition of the "Governance, Risk and Compliance - The Zimbabwean Insurance Industry" report to their offering.
The Governance, Risk and Compliance - The Zimbabwean Insurance Industry report is the result of extensive research into the insurance regulatory framework in Zimbabwe.
It provides detailed analysis of the insurance regulations for life, property, motor, liability, personal accident and health, and marine, aviation and transit insurance. The report specifies various requirements for the establishment and operation of insurance and reinsurance companies and intermediaries.
The report brings together The research, modeling and analysis expertise, giving insurers access to information on prevailing insurance regulations, and recent and upcoming changes in the regulatory framework, taxation and legal system in the country. The report also includes the scope of non-admitted insurance in the country.
- The Zimbabwean insurance industry is regulated by the Commissioner of Insurance, under the regulation of the Insurance and Pensions Commission, under Ministry of Finance.
- The life and non-life insurance businesses in Zimbabwe are regulated by the provisions of the Insurance Act 1987.
- The motor third-party liability insurance, National Pension Scheme (NPS) and Workers Compensation Insurance Fund Scheme (WCIF) are mandatory in Zimbabwe.
- FDI of up to 49% is permitted in the Zimbabwean insurance industry.
- Non-admitted insurers and intermediaries are not allowed in the Zimbabwean insurance industry.
Key Topics Covered:
2 Governance, Risk and Compliance
2.1 Legislation Overview and Historical Evolution
2.2 Latest Changes in Regulations
2.3 Legislation and Market Practice by Type of Insurance
2.4 Compulsory Insurance
2.5 Supervision and Control
2.6 Non-Admitted Insurance Regulations
2.7 Company Registration and Operations
2.9 Legal System
- Zep Re
- African Re
- Altfin Life Assurance Company
- CBZ Life Ltd
- Fidelity Life Assurance Company
- IGI Life Assurance Company
- Allied Insurance Company
- Alliance Insurance Company
- Hamilton Insurance Company
- FMRE Life & Health Company
- Baobab Reinsurance Company
- Colonnade Reinsurance Company
- Capitol Insurance Brokers (Private) Ltd
- Eaton & Youngs (Pvt) Ltd
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/299wmp/governance_risk