DENVER--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Saint Joseph Hospital celebrated its one-year anniversary in its new hospital on Dec. 13, 2015. The hospital marked the anniversary with a birthday event, which included a visit from the first baby born in the new hospital on Dec. 13, 2014 and his family.
“The new building, technology and equipment has lived up to our expectations as a model for 21st century hospitals,” said Barb Jahn, chief operating officer. “More importantly, our patients and their families continue to share positive feedback about the hospital and our focus on patient and family-centered care.”
Over the past year, the hospital has celebrated some important milestones:
- It continues to be Colorado's No. 1 baby hospital, delivering more babies than any other hospital in the state, including 4,400 babies in 2015.
- Doctors performed 580 heart surgeries, and the hospital is continually recognized among the top 1% for heart surgery in the U.S.
- It completed its first full year of working with National Jewish Health, which expanded care for heart, cancer and respiratory patients.
- It trained 110 doctors through its residency program, which is the largest private graduate medical education program in Colorado.
- The Emergency Department expects to treat more than 48,000 patients.
When Saint Joseph Hospital moved to its new building, the hospital donated equipment and supplies to 24 different organizations around the world. Clean up at the old hospital continues, and the 10-story twin towers that opened in 1964 are expected to come down in the spring of 2016, which will create more green space on the campus.
About Saint Joseph Hospital:
Saint Joseph Hospital was founded in Denver in 1873 by the Sisters of Charity of Leavenworth, Kansas, as the first private hospital in Colorado. Today, it continues as the largest private teaching hospital in Denver. The hospital provides a tradition of healthcare that includes compassionate caregivers, stellar clinical expertise and active partnerships with community physicians, Kaiser Permanente and National Jewish Health. Saint Joseph Hospital is nationally recognized for its clinical performance, including being named as one of America’s 100 Best Hospitals™ by Healthgrades® in 2014 and 2015. To learn more, visit saintjosephdenver.org. Follow us on Facebook at /StJoesDenver or on Twitter @StJoesDenver.