GARDEN CITY, N.Y.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The unrelenting quest for fitness and a healthy lifestyle is readily apparent throughout western Nassau County. Walkers, runners and cyclists traverse our roadways; workouts and healthy recipes are shared on every social channel available; and workout gear is now an apparel category of its own. With that in mind, Life Time – The Healthy Way of Life Company will mark the opening of its second Long Island destination—Life Time Athletic Garden City—with a Dec. 11 opening to Founder’s Members 4:00 a.m. and all members on Tuesday, Dec. 15.
The three-story, nearly 180,000-square-foot destination, located at 750 Zeckendorf Blvd., will offer a health and fitness experience unique to the area, including a 50,000-square-foot outdoor aquatic center with zero-depth entry pools, lap pools and waterslides. In addition, the new center will boast a broad array of highly personalized programs and services that allow members to engage in their areas of interest and help them achieve their total health objectives, athletic aspirations and fitness goals.
“It’s humbling to see how our truly unique and personalized healthy way of life approach has resonated here on Long Island,” said Phil Zerante, Life Time Athletic Garden City general manager. “We’re on a mission to improve the health of our communities and simply can’t wait to impact the lives of area residents—from our littlest members to the most seasoned adults.”
As with each of the 118 other destinations across the country, Life Time Athletic Garden City will offer something for every age and physical ability. From fitness to nutrition; recreation and entertainment; aquatics, basketball leagues, spa, relaxation and more, this all-inclusive destination will help every member of the family achieve their individual health and fitness goals.
Other highlights include:
- Five dedicated group exercise, cycle, Pilates and LifePower Yoga studios
- 400 pieces of best-in-class cardiovascular and resistance training equipment
- Proprietary “Life Time Training Method,” a science-based approach for long-term health and wellness success led by the industry’s most highly certified fitness professionals
- LifeCafe, serving healthy food and beverages free of trans fats, bleached flours, and artificial flavors, colors, preservatives and sweeteners
- LifeSpa, offering full-service hair, nail and skin care services and therapeutic massage
- Life Time Kids Academy, a unique membership program designed especially for kids from three months to 11 years, led by handpicked, certified experts committed to childhood development with classes including Zumba, yoga, tumbling, Spanish immersion, music, arts and more
- Two full-size indoor basketball courts, featuring Ultimate Hoops youth training programs and basketball leagues, the largest league in the U.S.
- No long-term membership contracts
- Complimentary towel and locker service
Life Time Athletic Garden City will be open Monday through Sunday from 4:00 a.m. to Midnight. For more information about Life Time Athletic Garden City, call 516.580.7100, visit lifetimeathletic.com/gardencity or facebook.com/lifetimeathleticgardencity.
About Life Time Fitness, Inc.
As The Healthy Way of Life Company, Life Time helps organizations, communities and individuals achieve their total health objectives, athletic aspirations and fitness goals by engaging in their areas of interest—or discovering new passions—both inside and outside of Life Time’s distinctive and large sports, professional fitness, family recreation and spa destinations. The Company’s Healthy Way of Life approach enables members to achieve this by providing the best programs, people and places of uncompromising quality and value. As of Dec. 10, 2015, the Company operates 118 centers under the LIFE TIME FITNESS® and LIFE TIME ATHLETIC® brands in the United States and Canada. Additional information about Life Time centers, programs and services is available at lifetimefitness.com.