BOULDER, Colo.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--VictorOps, the real-time incident management company, today announced the availability of its public API to enable developers to customize on-call management, execute ChatOps commands, and build reporting unique to their needs. This first set of publicly available endpoints will allow users to manage the entirety of an incident in a way that best suits the specific demands of their organization.
“Forward-thinking organizations are adopting DevOps practices internally at an astounding rate, and from the very beginning, engineers have found ways to customize the use of our product in ways even we hadn’t envisioned,” said Joni Klippert, vice president, product, VictorOps. “The release of our public API formalizes the way our enterprise customers interact with our system, allowing them to integrate VictorOps into their enterprise wide Operational Support Systems.”
Features of the API include:
- Reporting – Users can filter incident data to view only relevant information for reporting
- Roll Call – Cross functional visibility into who’s is on-call at any given time
- ChatOps Benefits – Users can see who is on-call from messaging platforms like Slack or HipChat, acknowledge and resolve incidents in a chat room, and take over on-call from another user within a chat room
- Dashboard – Users can see how many incidents are triggering pages and how many incidents have been acknowledged or resolved – all in one place
- Compensation – Functionality coming soon that will allow companies to easily track which employees are answering pages outside of normal business hours and compensate them accordingly
VictorOps is the real-time incident management platform focusing on incident lifecycle management and collaboration for IT and DevOps teams. The solution combines the power of people and data to solve IT problems in real-time. The VictorOps platform seamlessly orchestrates team situational awareness, incident creation, escalation, notification, and remediation with team members regardless of physical location or time of day. Privately held, VictorOps is backed by Costanoa Venture Capital and Foundry Group. For more information, visit www.victorops.com and follow the company on Twitter @VictorOps.