TEL AVIV, Israel--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Plarium, one of the world’s fastest growing developers of social, mobile and web-based games with 150 million users, today announced the official release of the massively multi-player online strategy game Nords: Heroes of the North, for iOS and Android devices with cross-platform capabilities. Players are now able to seamlessly experience Nords across Facebook, Android and iOS with one singular account.
Nords is set in the fantasy world of Shingård where players lead an army of Elves, Dragons, Northmen and Orcs who have set aside their differences to defend their land against an evil Ice Queen and her swarm of the undead as they aim to conquer the world. Nords was released and featured on Facebook in May to much success.
Along with Plarium’s signature MMO Strategy gameplay fans have come to expect, Nords features never-before-seen 3D battle animation in the game and all-new RPG features. Plarium has enlisted top-tier professional voiceover talent, including Patrick Warburton (known for his role as Joe Swanson in “Family Guy”), and legendary voice actor Jason Canning as Skald the Bard to bring the humor, high adventure and irreverence that Nords will be offering players worldwide.
“Now that mobile has become a sophisticated gaming platform, we are taking advantage of the new capabilities it provides to make our games more detailed and engaging,” said Avi Shalel, Plarium’s Chief Executive Officer. “The inventory system is deeper, characters have more personality, and battling is visual, eye-popping and more strategic than it was before. Our goal at Plarium is to continue to push the limits of what people expect from a strategy MMO title.”
In addition to cross-platform capabilities, Nords: Heroes of the North has numerous new features including:
Brand New 3D Animations:
- Battle Animation: For the first time ever, players can see and hear the action during battles. Animated battles let players see their current units in action while previewing new ones.
- Unit Personalities: Characters have been given in-depth stories and backgrounds to immerse players more into the world and into their units
- Highest quality of 3D animation and content ever achieved in a Plarium game
Design and Production:
- Over 30 professional actors contributed their voices to Nords, including Patrick Warburton of “Family Guy” fame.
- Fully-scored soundtrack and sound composed and produced by BAFTA award-winning composer Jesper Kyd.
- Top-quality artwork and modeling with the level of detail demanded by the most serious players.
Traditional Hardcore MMO Strategy Gameplay with All-New RPG Elements:
- New inventory and item system add a level of depth never-before introduced in a Plarium game
- ‘Choose Your Faction’ feature lets you choose which army to lead – Orcs, Elves or Northmen – to determine how your stronghold and environment will look to you and other players.
- Customize your stronghold: Build your stronghold with forts, barracks, and more…
- Frequent updates offering new units, content, gameplay features, storylines and strategies.
- Interact with global players and friends while comparing your achievements in rankings.
Nords: Heroes of the North is translated and voiced in English, French, Spanish, Russian, Italian and German and is now available on the App Store at http://bit.ly/NordsiOS and on Google Play at http://bit.ly/NordsAndroid.
Founded in 2009, Plarium Global Ltd. is dedicated to creating the best mobile and social experience for hardcore gamers worldwide. With over 150 million registered users, we're proud to be consistently ranked among Facebook’s top hardcore game developers. Plarium employs more than 1000 individuals and is headquartered in Israel with five offices and development studios across Europe and the United States. Our hardcore social and mobile games are available on all major social networks, including Facebook, Vkontakte, Odnoklassniki and Mail.ru, as well as web browsers, iOS and Android.