DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/799zm8/infusion_pumps) has announced the addition of the "Infusion Pumps Market, 2015-2025" report to their offering.
The Infusion Pumps Market, 2015-2025 report provides a comprehensive study of the current state of infusion pumps market and the likely future evolution of these devices over the next decade. The study covers various types of infusion pumps that are used across several application areas. The current generation of these devices, being reliable and easy to use, have found wide acceptance in both homecare and hospital market.
Infusion pumps are a class of drug delivery devices that have found wide adoption across different application areas. Their popularity can be attributed to their reliable, user friendly features and ergonomic design. The market has a wide array of different types of infusion pumps (volumetric, syringe, implantable, elastomeric, ambulatory and others); combined, they offer a large range of infusion volume, flow rate, occlusion alarm pressure range and many other technical parameters that can be adjusted according to the patient's requirements and care areas. These pumps have strengthened their position in a variety of application areas including oncology, diabetes, pain management, enteral feeding and general infusion.
Several established firms as well as emerging players are currently competing in this market. Companies have regularly come up with technological advancements aimed at increasing the reliability and safety of these pumps. Examples of technological / design innovations include introduction of intuitive coloured touch screen, drug libraries, user friendly interface, compact design, improved accuracy, automated power saving mode and air-in-line detection. The introduction of smart infusion pumps has been an important step in the growth of this market.
Despite the fact that the current market is significantly mature, a number of technological advancements from established and new players have sustained the growth momentum. Companies are continuously on the lookout for new avenues of growth in terms of novel features; this is expected to result in an even wider adoption going forward.
- During the course of our study, we identified over 300 infusion pumps that are currently being manufactured and commercialised by more than 60 companies worldwide.
- The fragmented market is well distributed across different regions. Established companies such as (in alphabetical order) Baxter, B. Braun, Cane Medical Technology, Daiwha, Fresenius Kabi, GF Foures, Hospira, Medtronic, Micrel Medical Devices, Mindray, Smiths Medical, which have a wide portfolio of infusion pump devices are staring at growing competition from several mid-sized players and upcoming start-ups.
- Examples of start-ups / smaller firms (in alphabetical order) include CareFusion, Cellnovo, CME Medical, Expanding Industry Limited, Flowonix, Summit Medical Products, Zyno Medical (complete list in Chapter 4). As has been observed in the case of other medical devices, the newer / smaller players will continue to foster more innovation and drive the market further.
- The increasing number of partnerships among several players clearly indicates the growth and changes being witnessed in the market. These collaborations range from product / software development, distribution arrangements and acquisitions.
- We expect the overall market to grow at an annualised growth rate of 3.8% during the period 2015-2025. Specific pockets of growth will come from wider adoption for oncology, diabetes and pain management applications. In terms of product types, ambulatory infusion pumps are likely to witness a relatively higher growth.
- Advancements in device safety, software developments, accuracy rates and incorporation of additional user friendly features are likely to act as key enablers for future growth. The homecare market, specifically, is expected to grow its share in the future owing to the fact that it is cost effective and reduces the hospital expenses incurred by patients for various treatments.
Key Topics Covered:
2. Executive Summary
4. Market Overview
5. Infusion Pumps For General Infusion
6. Infusion Pumps For Pain Management
7. Infusion Pumps For Oncology
8. Infusion Pumps For Insulin Administration
9. Case Studies
10. Market Forecast
11. Company Profiles
13. Appendix 1: Tabulated Data
14. Appendix 2: List Of Companies And Oragnisations
- 3AF Group
- AAMI Foundation
- Advanced Infusion
- AKAS Medical
- ALCOR Scientific
- American Association of Critical-Care Nurses (AACN)
- American Society of Regional Anaesthesia and Acute Pain Medicine (ASRA)
- Angel Electronics
- Asklepios Hospital Group
- Atom Medical
- B. Braun
- Becton Dickinson
- Beijing KellyMed
- Bigfoot Biomedical
- Blue Box Medical
- Cane Medical
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Changsha Jianyuan
- CME Medical
- CODAN ARGUS
- Codman (J&J)
- Committee for Medical Products for Human Use
- Contec Medical
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/799zm8/infusion_pumps