BEIJING--(BUSINESS WIRE)--(NASDAQ: AMZN)—Amazon today announced that Fire, its fastest-selling tablet ever, is now available to customers in China for just RMB 499 Yuan. With access to hundreds of thousands of Kindle books and with English language learning features like Word Wise, Fire is an easy and affordable option for customers who want to read or learn English. Amazon China also today announced an agreement with Baidu, a leading internet services company, to provide a search, apps, and online video experience on Amazon tablets in China.
“We’ve already sold millions of Fire tablets since launch, and we’re excited to now make it available to customers in China,” said Neil Lindsay, Vice President, Amazon Devices. “With millions of readers already using Kindle e-readers in China, we’re excited to now offer another incredibly affordable option, particularly for customers learning to read English. With tools and features like Word Wise and Blue Shade, plus a large selection of Chinese and English content, we think readers will love the new Fire tablet.”
Fire is Amazon’s fastest-selling tablet ever, with millions sold since launch. Here’s what people are saying about Fire in the US:
- “For definitive proof that Apple's iPads are woefully overpriced, look no further than Amazon’s Fire tablet.” – Fortune
- “$50 of incredible value.” – Engadget
- “Amazon's $50 Fire Is the Paperback of Digital Entertainment,” – WSJ
- “For $50, the Amazon Fire is practically a stocking stuffer, and an excellent choice for first-time tablet users.” – PC Magazine
- “Considering its price, sturdy build, and long battery life, the Amazon Fire is a no-brainer, especially for anyone who doesn’t have a tablet yet.” – Computer Shopper
Amazon.com opened on the World Wide Web in July 1995. The company is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit www.amazon.com/about.