PHOENIX--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Instagram-famous pets Milla the Cat and Tonkey Bear, a Shar Pei dog, want to ensure all pets know what to put on their wish lists this holiday season. With PetSmart’s endlessly fun and festive holiday collection, it wasn’t easy, but these two popular pets made their top 10 picks to help pet parents and pets know the must-haves this holiday season.
“The holidays are about family, and Milla is never left out of the family Christmas photo or from the holiday shopping list,” said Dustin Cabatuan of Encino, Calif., pet parent to Milla the Cat, who boasts nearly 300,000 Instagram followers. “She has such a unique personality, and we love being able to find the perfect gifts at PetSmart to match that uniqueness.”
The same holds true for Tonkey Bear, who has over 350,000 Instagram followers.
“This is Tonkey Bear’s first Christmas, and we are excited to include her in all the family activities and traditions. For us, this holiday season will be extra special,” said Tonkey Bear’s pet parent, Christine Park of Edmonton, Alberta.
Tonkey Bear’s Top 10 Gifting List:
- PJs – the classic holiday gift. Tonkey can get in on the Christmas morning pajama fun with Martha Stewart Pets® Santa Claus Holiday Pajamas.
- Peeps for Christmas! For something soft and cuddly, just like Tonkey, PetSmart has a Large Peep® Dog Toy featured in classic holiday colors of red and green. This candy-inspired plush squeaker toy is fun for any pet.
- Dog Holiday Stockings. Four-legged family members will have their own spot above the mantle this year with this festive pet stocking. The stocking stuffer options are endless, including dog biscuits like Bocce’s Bakery Lumps of Coal, perfect for pets with a penchant for mischief.
- Plaid for our Pets. Top Paw®’s Plaid and Velvet Bow Harness is a perfect way for pets to join the plaid trend, the season’s hottest look.
- Holiday Bark Beer Toys. While Tonkey can’t imbibe in holiday cheer, she can still enjoy some spirited fun from Grreat Choice® with fun squeaker toys shaped like beer bottles. This also makes a unique hostess gift for any beer-loving pet parent.
- Sweaters for the Season. Tonkey can join Milla at the ugly sweater party of the season with Top Paw’s uber-explicit “My Ugly X-Mas Sweater” or this classic Reindeer Sweater from Martha Stewart Pets.
- Classic Christmas Cut-Outs. Cookie decorating fun isn’t just for humans anymore with festive frosted options from Grreat Choice that include messages like “Merry Woofmas,” “Santa Paws” and more.
- Gifts that Give. Tonkey wants all dogs (and cats) to find loving homes, and the Luv-A-PetTM line featuring Chance, Lucky, XL Pound PuppiesTM, holiday apparel and plush throws is a great way to support this important cause. Ten percent of proceeds from the sales of all Luv-A-Pet products will go to PetSmart Charities in the U.S. and PetSmart Charities of Canada to help pets in need.
- Winter Coats. A hooded winter parka is the gift that keeps on giving all winter long. The faux fur trim gives this outerwear on-trend style.
- Holiday Bowls. Change out that food bowl in the corner for a festive option like the Martha Stewart Pets Snowman Bowl.
Milla the Cat’s Top 10 Gifting List:
- A Cool Bed. Cats will enjoy a cool-yet-comfortable sleeping upgrade with the Martha Stewart Pets Igloo-shaped bed with candy cane accents. Cat nap anybody?
- Festive Holiday Costumes. Milla can join in the holiday fun and become Santa’s little helper with the Santa Claus Cat Suit and Santa Cat Hat.
- Cat Hats. While Milla considers the Christmas tree to be full of endless cat toys, now she can also BE a tree with this adorable cat hat.
- Cat Collars. Felines can dress to impress just like their human counterparts with this dapper Holiday Neck Tie Cat Collar featuring Martha’s whimsical take on the season.
- Mice Cat Toys. There’s nothing better than shiny, festive mice to bat around on Christmas morning.
- Tunnels of Fun. Milla loves to play hide and seek and run through the Whisker City® Holiday Tunnel Cat Toy, perfect for fun-loving activity.
- Ugly Sweaters! Milla can stay warm and cozy while partaking in the ugly sweater party fun with the “Meowy Christmas” or “My Ugly X-Mas Sweater” cat sweaters.
- Holiday Accessory. Milla constantly entertains her family, and now she can dress the part of a Cat Jester with this perfect holiday accessory.
- Holiday Treats. Cats can get in on the holiday treat action, too, with the Whiskas® Temptations® Snacky Snowman. This gift will offer lots of activity with play-meets-treat time for any cat.
- Holiday Scratch Posts. These cat essentials double as festive home décor with stocking and present-shaped cat scratchers.
Not wanting to leave the small pets out of the fun, PetSmart also has great holiday items for guinea pigs and other small pets such as the Bah Humbug hat, plaid antler headbands, ugly sweater and costumes including a Christmas tree and elf. Even our finned friends can get in on the holiday action with festive fish tank ornaments, including a Christmas tree, gingerbread house, Merry Christmas sign and more.
PetSmart, Inc. is the largest specialty pet retailer of services and solutions for the lifetime needs of pets. At PetSmart, we love pets, and we believe pets make us better people. Every day with every connection, PetSmart’s passionate associates help bring pet parents closer to their pets so they can live more fulfilled lives. This mission impacts everything we do for our customers, the way we support our associates, and how we give back to our communities. We employ approximately 53,000 associates, operate approximately 1,433 pet stores in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico and approximately 202 in-store PetSmart® PetsHotel® dog and cat boarding facilities. PetSmart provides a broad range of competitively priced pet food and pet products and offers dog training, pet grooming, pet boarding, PetSmart Doggie Day Camp day care services and pet adoption services in-store. Our portfolio of digital resources for pet parents – including PetSmart.com, PetFoodDirect.com, Pet360.com and petMD.com – offers the most comprehensive online pet supplies and pet care information in the U.S. Through our in-store pet adoption partnership with independent nonprofit organizations, PetSmart Charities™ and PetSmart Charities™ of Canada, PetSmart helps to save the lives of more than 450,000 homeless pets each year. In addition, PetSmart supports organizations that make communities a better place to call home through our philanthropy program, PetSmart Gives Back™. By giving back to the communities where we live and work, PetSmart not only celebrates the power of pets to enrich people's lives—we live it.
Follow PetSmart on Twitter: @PetSmart
Find PetSmart on Facebook: www.facebook.com/PetSmart
See PetSmart on YouTube: www.YouTube.com/PetSmart