SEATTLE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--(NASDAQ: AMZN)—Amazon today announced that this holiday shopping weekend was the best ever for Amazon devices:
- The top-selling products across all of the products available on Amazon.com this Black Friday were Amazon devices—#1 was Fire, #2 was Fire TV Stick.
- Amazon Fire TV sales are up more than 6x year over year this holiday shopping weekend. From July through October (the last month for which there is data) Fire TV has been the #1 streaming media player in the US, across all retailers.
- On its first Black Friday, Amazon Echo was the #1 best seller across all $100+ products on Amazon.com.
- The new $49.99 Fire tablet is the fastest-selling Amazon tablet ever, with millions sold since launch—Amazon tablet sales this weekend are up more than 3x year over year.
- The Kindle e-reader business continues to grow—customers bought hundreds of thousands of Kindle e-readers this weekend.
“We’re excited that millions of customers will be opening new Amazon devices this holiday season. This has already been the biggest holiday shopping season for Amazon devices, and we’re energized by the year over year growth for all of our product categories,” said Dave Limp, Senior Vice President, Amazon Devices. “With a sub-$50 price point for one or $250 for a six-pack, we’ve reached a tipping point with Fire—it is our fastest-selling tablet ever. We’ve already built millions—and we’re ramping up production to build millions more.”
Here’s what reviewers are saying about Amazon devices:
- “Amazon has updated its Fire TV Stick just in time for the holidays, adding a few welcome features to the already excellent media streamer…It easily earns our Editors’ Choice for budget media streamers.” – PC Magazine
- “Fire TV is the best all-around streaming box from the three major digital lifestyle platform providers.” – BetaNews
- “Amazon’s $50 Fire is the Paperback of Entertainment.” – WSJ
- “For $50, it’s simply the best value tablet you can buy right now.” – Engadget
- “The Echo may be the closest thing we’ll have to a Star Trek computer at home.” – CNET
- “With Amazon Echo, it was love at first sight.” – Re/code
- “If Dickens were alive in 2015, I’d have urged him to buy Amazon’s new $120 Kindle Paperwhite. … [Paperwhite] now has a higher resolution screen, a new easy-on-the-eyes font and new formatting options, making it the closest digital reading device to a real book.” – WSJ
- “No e-reader has challenged my page-bound allegiance like this new Kindle Paperwhite…” – Gizmodo
Here’s what customers are saying:
- “The best money I’ve ever spent on Amazon - hands down. This device has exceeded my expectations so far, and it’s still growing every week!” – P. Buchanan about Echo
- “The Amazon Echo has immediately become part of our family. The voice recognition is excellent, the sound quality is better than I would have expected and the traffic/weather/timer/alarm functionality is very useful.” – Kamus about Echo
- “Amazon managed to improve on an almost perfect product :)” – A. Mills about Kindle Paperwhite
- “Absolutely a wonderful reader.” – DTodd about Kindle Paperwhite
- “Must have device, especially for Amazon Prime members.” – Q. Moore about Fire TV Stick
- “Bottom line, I’m really ecstatic with my Fire TV box so far.” – C. Martin Jr about Amazon Fire TV
- “I think this an amazing device for $50 and couldn’t recommend it any higher.” – Heart Dad about Fire
- “Five Stars. My first tablet is giving me a good intro to the world of tablets.” – Amazon customer about Fire
Amazon.com opened on the World Wide Web in July 1995. The company is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit www.amazon.com/about.