CHICAGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Expanding its 360° philosophy from safety to customer support, Toshiba America Medical Systems, Inc. is launching 360° Reliance, a comprehensive service and system management solution that maximizes system uptime and improves productivity. Toshiba’s industry-leading service offering combines personalized attention and new technology solutions to ensure system performance and customer’s ability to provide the highest levels of patient care. 360° Reliance includes the following and more:
- 360° Connect: The all-new customer portal makes it easier to access system information, track preventative maintenance, submit service requests, manage reports electronically and navigate the audit process.
- Vitality XT: A comprehensive solution for managing the acquisition protocols, radiation dose and utilization of Toshiba CT scanners across a customer’s enterprise that can help drive standardization and safety.
- Envision 360: The industry’s first interactive and real-time customizable 3D site-planning tool, which maximizes efficiency in the planning process and gives customers personalized solutions, drastically reducing room design time and ensuring optimal space utilization.
- InnerVision® Plus: A remote diagnostic system that provides early detection of potential issues by allowing service engineers and applications specialists to see what is occurring on imaging systems 24/7.
- InTouch Center™: Toshiba’s customer service network, which provides rapid, centralized 24-hour responses to solve problems as soon as they arise.
- DICOM/IHE Integration: Toshiba embraces open network standards to facilitate easy integration in the widest variety of network environments, complying with DICOM and IHE standards. With that, Toshiba’s entire MR portfolio, as well as select CT systems, has received authorization to operate (ATO) with the U.S. Air Force.
Toshiba will showcase its new service approach at this year’s Radiological Society of North America (RSNA) annual meeting in Chicago, November 29 - December 4, 2015 (Booth #7336, North Hall).
About Toshiba America Medical Systems, Inc.
With headquarters in Tustin, Calif., Toshiba America Medical Systems (TAMS) markets, sells, distributes and services radiology and cardiovascular systems, including CT, MR, ultrasound, X-ray and cardiovascular equipment, and coordinates clinical diagnostic imaging research for all modalities in the United States. For more information, visit the TAMS website at www.medical.toshiba.com.
About Toshiba Medical Systems Corporation
Toshiba Medical Systems Corporation is a leading worldwide provider of medical diagnostic imaging systems and comprehensive medical solutions, such as CT, X-ray and vascular, ultrasound, nuclear medicine and MRI systems, as well as information systems for medical institutions. Toshiba Medical Systems Corporation has been providing medical products for over 80 years. Toshiba Medical Systems Corporation is a wholly owned subsidiary of Toshiba. Visit Toshiba Medical Systems Corporation’s website at www.toshibamedicalsystems.com.
Toshiba Corporation, a Fortune Global 500 company, channels world-class capabilities in advanced electronic and electrical product and systems into five strategic business domains: Energy & Infrastructure, Community Solutions, Healthcare Systems & Services, Electronic Devices & Components, and Lifestyles Products & Services. Guided by the principles of The Basic Commitment of the Toshiba Group, “Committed to People, Committed to the Future”, Toshiba promotes global operations and is contributing to the realization of a world where generations to come can live better lives.
Founded in Tokyo in 1875, today’s Toshiba is at the heart of a global network of over 580 consolidated companies employing 199,000 people worldwide, with annual sales surpassing 6.6 trillion yen (US$55 billion). To find out more about Toshiba, visit www.toshiba.co.jp/index.htm.