DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/ptvj6b/impact_of_the) has announced the addition of the "Impact of the Emission Scandal on the Volkswagen Group" report to their offering.
Volkswagen's (VW) concession of corporate malfeasance in circumventing Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) testing in the US has sent the global automotive industry into a tailspin. This research service examines the fallout from the emission scandal and its impact on the Volkswagen group, as well as the wider automotive ecosystem.
- An estimated 11Mn Volkswagen vehicles globally are equipped with illegal software code that allows these vehicles to pass the NOx testing cycle of various testing regimes. The affected vehicles are spread across Europe, UK, USA and rest of the world.
- The report's analysis estimates the immediate to medium term (2016-2020) economic impact of the diesel emission scandal on VW group will add up to fines from different regulatory authorities, lawsuits, recall cost and losses from underutilization of production facilities.
- Volkswagen Group's existing centralized and highly rigid corporate hierarchy to undergo drastic reformation into a more streamlined, de-centralized structure with increased autonomy for the group's various brands and increased regional autonomy.
- Immediate focus of Volkswagen management would be to schedule recalls and fix the 11Mn affected vehicles. A dedicated platform for electrified vehicles (MEB) and increased investments in developing SUVs are indicators of a major product portfolio restructuring.
- Although the VW emission fiasco will serve as in impetus for electro-mobility, diesel will remain an important part of OEM strategies in achieving the stringent CO targets. Greater scrutiny of diesel emissions will serve to increase overall vehicle prices. In order to maintain price competitiveness the cost will be borne by Volkswagen and its suppliers
- The report predicts increased collaboration between OEMs in powertrain R&D to minimize the expected rising cost of compliance.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. Volkswagen Diesel Emissions Scandal - Overview
3. Financial Impact of the Emission Scandal on Volkswagen
4. Financial Impact of the Emission Scandal on Volkswagen - Recall and Fix Costs
5. Financial Impact of the Emission Scandal on Volkswagen - Fines and Legal Liabilities
6. Financial Impact of the Emission Scandal on Volkswagen - Costs Associated with Underutilization of Production Facilities
7. Volkswagen Group - Strategy 2018 Recalibrated (Current Scenario & Future Outlook) Organizational Restructuring
8. Volkswagen Group - Strategy 2018 Recalibrated (Current Scenario & Future Outlook) Product Portfolio Restructuring
9. Impact to the Automotive Industry
10. Conclusion - Key Findings & Recommendations
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/ptvj6b/impact_of_the