PLANO, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Today Intuit Inc. (Nasdaq:INTU), announced the launch of its 2015 professional tax product line, including Intuit Tax Online, Lacerte and ProSeries. Intuit aims to help tax professionals eliminate wasted time, so they can focus on growing their practice and making a difference in their clients’ lives.
“We know that time – or the lack thereof – is the biggest challenge tax professionals face during tax season,” said CeCe Morken, executive vice president and general manager at Intuit Professional Tax Group. “We developed our 2015 tax product line up with that in mind, building time-savings into each of our offerings to streamline workflows and help tax professionals provide their clients with delightful experiences.”
This year, Intuit Tax Online, Lacerte and ProSeries include:
Client Connection Suite: On average, tax professionals spend 65 percent of their time collecting and entering data. Client Connection Suite works to cut that time in half by reducing the time it takes to collect documents and client signatures, so that they can spend time on what matters most – their clients.
- Intuit Link: Advancing the traditional tax organizer by automating and simplifying the client document collection and data entry process for both tax professionals and their clients, Intuit Link has reduced the cycle time for completing a tax return significantly. Intuit Link automatically connects to financial institutions and payroll providers to securely collect data on behalf of the client. Clients can also share tax data including document uploads, snapping pictures and financial institution credentials for further ease and convenience. Intuit Link integrates with Intuit Tax Online, Lacerte and ProSeries.
- eSignature: eSignature cuts down the time it takes to collect signatures from weeks to minutes, giving tax professionals much needed time back during tax season. Now tax professionals can electronically collect signatures for federal form 8879 within Intuit Tax Online, Lacerte and ProSeries, giving clients the ease and convenience they want. And new for Lacerte, eSignature has been enhanced to allow tax professionals to request client payment with the 8879 signature.
Client Benefit Suite: Tax professionals want to make a difference in their clients’ lives. By helping their clients avoid fees and giving them greater piece of mind, Client Benefit Suite enables them to do this and grow their practice.
- Pay-by-Refund: In 2014, approximately 80 percent of federal tax returns received refunds. Now tax professionals can streamline receivables and better serve those clients that get refunds. Pay-by-Refund allows clients to conveniently pay their tax preparation fees directly from their refund, eliminating the time and headache of invoicing for tax professionals and any out-of-pocket expenses for clients. Pay-by-Refund is available in Intuit Tax Online, Lacerte and ProSeries.
- American Express® Serve: Clients want quick and easy access to their refund. American Express® Serve is a Prepaid Debit Account that offers quick and easy access to IRS Refunds. No waiting for a check to come in the mail or fees for check cashing services – a significant benefit for clients without a banking account. American Express® Serve is available in Lacerte and ProSeries.
- Audit Assistance & ID Theft Restoration: Tax professionals using ProSeries can now provide their clients an extra layer of support in the event of an IRS audit or identity theft. Through personalized audit assistance and ID theft restoration, clients will never feel alone.
Unified workflows with QuickBooks Online Accountant: The firm of the future will be online and Intuit is leading the way by integrating its flagship QuickBooks products and tax. Now small business tax professionals using Intuit Tax Online will experience seamless integration with QuickBooks Online Accountant. Tax professionals will be able to import QuickBooks Online Trial Balance directly to the tax return, eliminating redundant data entry.
Intuit Tax Online
Intuit Tax Online is the next generation of tax preparation that lets tax professionals manage their practice and prepare client tax returns anytime, anywhere.
- Rich navigation and user experiences: Tax professionals can instantly jump to relevant tax forms to enter client information and easily toggle between the tax forms and data entry screens, simplifying complex tax return preparation.
Intuit Lacerte software provides tax professionals seamless workflow, faster preparation and reliable results on even complicated tax returns. Lacerte is ideal for tax firms with individual and business clients.
- New filing types and forms for e-file: Cuts client wait time with more than 50 new filing types and hundreds of new forms now available for e-file. To see the full list, click here.
Intuit ProSeries tax software gives tax professionals no-nonsense pricing on the tools they need to serve clients better in less time and with greater accuracy.
- Improved practice setup tool: Makes it easier for tax professionals to set up their practice through a streamlined tool that guides them step-by-step through each input. The new setup tool also reduces data collection and entry time for tax professionals.
Pricing and availability
Pricing and ordering information for Intuit professional tax products is available at https://taxpro.intuit.com/
About Intuit Inc.
Intuit Inc. creates business and financial management solutions that simplify the business of life for small businesses, consumers and accounting professionals.
Its flagship products and services include QuickBooks® and TurboTax®, which make it easier to manage small businesses and tax preparation and filing. Mint.com provides a fresh, easy and intelligent way for people to manage their money while Intuit Tax Online®, ProSeries® and Lacerte® are Intuit's leading tax preparation offerings for professional accountants.
Founded in 1983, Intuit had revenue of $4.2 billion in its fiscal year 2015. The company has approximately 7,700 employees with major offices in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, India and other locations. More information can be found at www.intuit.com.