ST. LOUIS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Build-A-Bear Workshop, Inc. (NYSE: BBW), an interactive destination where guests can create personalized furry friends, has officially kicked off the holiday season. From the beloved Merry Mission™ reindeer to your favorite on-screen characters made into furry friends, Build-A-Bear Workshop has gifts for all ages and everyone on your list.
New for 2015, the Merry Mission reindeer collection, which debuted in 2014, now includes a beautiful addition: Glisten, the strongest, fastest reindeer of all time. Glisten will swoop in to help Santa and the eight original reindeer deliver toys to everyone on the “nice” list. All Merry Mission reindeer include a medallion that unlocks special features in the free Merry Mission app that fans can download for free on iTunes and Google Play for even more holiday fun.
The possibilities are endless as Build-A-Bear Workshop celebrates the arrival of its newest collections:
- New Husky Puppy and Siamese Kitty Promise Pets, complete with optional holiday accessories and an interactive app, are great gifts for animal lovers and those wanting to experience the fun and responsibility of pet ownership.
- New Honey Girls holiday outfits and songs — including “Heartbeat Song” and the merry musical hit “Reindeer Bells” — have been released to help everyone’s favorite rock band celebrate the season. The talented trio continues to be brighter together with new music videos — available on the free Honey Girls app — that celebrate friendship and empowerment.
- The Grinch and his sidekick Max are here just in time to celebrate. The Grinch includes a heart that’s grown three times its size and can be customized with a Grinch Santa suit, a sound chip featuring the classic song, “You’re A Mean One, Mr. Grinch,” plus a Grinch t-shirt, PJs and slippers.
- Coming soon! Lalaloopsy Mittens Fluff 'N' Stuff™ and Jewel Sparkles™ large plush dolls will be in stores starting Nov. 25. Guests can personalize their plush doll with fun accessories and even sew the last stitch!
Build-A-Bear Workshop is the only place where gift-givers can truly customize a furry friend to create a one-of-a-kind gift. In addition to fun clothing, scents and accessories, guests can choose from a selection of pre-recorded sounds based on each character’s own popular sayings or add their own personal message on a Build-A-Sound® recordable chip.
Starting Nov. 22, the Build-A-Bear Workshop Days of Deals event will kick off, giving guests more days and more ways to save. Days of Deals will include a variety of promotions over the course of two weeks, and you can get a sneak peek at the special offers beginning tonight at buildabear.com/daysofdeals. The website will feature updated information throughout the promotional period.
Join the Merry Mission
Last week, Build-A-Bear Workshop kicked off its annual Merry Mission in partnership with the Marine Toys for Tots Foundation to help families in need.
Guests can join the Merry Mission and contribute to Toys for Tots at local Build-A-Bear Workshop stores all season long:
- From Nov. 16-25, Build-A-Bear Workshop will donate a furry friend to Toys for Tots for every guest who participates in the Bear Bucks gift card bonus promotion. With a purchase of $30 or more, guests can buy a special $10 gift card for just $5, which will trigger a furry friend donation to Toys for Tots.
- Throughout the holiday season, guests can add $1 to any in-store purchase at the register with all donations going to Toys for Tots.
This year marks the eighth year Build-A-Bear Workshop has partnered with the Marine Toys for Tots Foundation to help families in need.
Founded in St. Louis in 1997, Build-A-Bear, a global brand kids love and parents trust, seeks to add a little more heart to life. Build-A-Bear Workshop has approximately 400 stores worldwide where guests can create customizable furry friends, including company-owned stores in the United States, Canada, Denmark, Ireland, Puerto Rico, and the United Kingdom, and franchise stores in Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe, Mexico and the Middle East. The company was named to the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for the seventh year in a row in 2015. Build-A-Bear Workshop, Inc. (NYSE: BBW) posted a total revenue of $392.4 million in fiscal 2014. For more information, visit the Investor Relations section of buildabear.com.