DURHAM, N.C.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Frontier Communications (NASDAQ:FTR), a leading provider of broadband Internet, video and phone services, will offer its groundbreaking FrontierTV video service to select markets in Durham beginning in January.
FrontierTV leverages the company’s copper and fiber-optic networks to bring high-quality, high-compression, low-bandwidth TV to the home. Tight compression enhances the clarity of the viewing experience.
“We’re really excited about this new offering in the Durham area in 2016,” said Dennis Bloss, Vice President and General Manager. “Our brand new fiber-optic network and our robust copper network will combine to bring the best TV experience to our Durham customers. This is just one more way that Frontier provides our customers with the very best in service and technology.”
FrontierTV doesn’t require installation of house-altering hardware – no devices are needed on outside walls or roofs, and no cable holes need to be drilled through walls. A wireless set-top box allows viewers to move TVs to any room without disrupting service.
FrontierTV will offer Durham customers the best HD picture quality, the channels most watched by customers, including local channels, simultaneous recording of several shows, and a unique combination of features focused on quality, variety, viewer flexibility and cost.
Key features of FrontierTV include:
- A simple on-screen guide allows customers to watch shows on their own terms. Six shows can be recorded at the same time, and FrontierTV’s system can hold more than 500 hours of HD video per customer.
- A 100 percent digital picture means HD and Ultra-High Definition quality are available -- up to 1080p for HD and 4K for UHD.
- More than 630 channels include local programming, regional and national sports networks, news, weather and premium movies.
- The FrontierTV mobile app allows viewers to watch many favorite networks and shows on laptops, tablets, and phones.
- FrontierTV can be bundled with voice and data starting at very attractive rates – under $70 per month.
About Frontier Communications
Frontier Communications Corporation (NASDAQ:FTR) offers broadband, voice, video, wireless Internet data access, data security solutions, specialized bundles for residential customers, small businesses and home offices, and advanced communications for medium and large businesses in 28 states. Frontier’s approximately 18,600 employees are based entirely in the United States. More information is available at www.frontier.com.