ARLINGTON, Va.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Opower (NYSE: OPWR), the global leader in cloud-based software for the utility industry, today announced the launch of the Opower Marketplace Suite. Built in partnership with Enervee, whose software is designed to change the way consumers buy energy-using products, Marketplace Suite arms customers with information about more than 600,000 product and service offers from hundreds of retailers. Bringing a data platform oriented company like Enervee onto Opower’s Customer Engagement Platform will enable utilities to effectively target customers with incentives and offers, drive higher program participation rates and unlock new business value from their customers’ energy efficient purchases.
“The energy landscape is changing,” said Opower CEO Dan Yates. “With the rise of electric vehicles, distributed generation, smart thermostats and battery storage, customers have more options for energy products and advice than ever. But research shows that customers already trust their utilities, and our joint solution with Enervee helps further position utilities as energy advisors, enabling them to expand their relationship with customers beyond the energy bill.”
“With current deployments at several leading utilities, we have a proven technology platform that engages consumers throughout the buying process and provides unique energy insights that they can’t find anywhere else,” said Enervee CEO Matthias Kurwig. “Combining our solution with Opower’s industry-leading cloud software delivers an end-to-end shopping experience that is unmatched in the utility space.”
The Marketplace Suite features:
- The broadest selection of products and services with over 600,000 product offers developed and updated daily across hundreds of retailers, each with a unique energy efficiency rating developed by Enervee.
- Customer targeting and marketing tools to help utilities improve the scale and performance of existing incentive programs and drive customers to new ones.
- An advanced analytics dashboard that produces EM&V-ready data and allows utilities to tie every single lead, customer, and dollar back to the marketing initiative that created them, resulting in highly cost-effective and targeted marketing campaigns.
- A streamlined, mobile-ready user experience that modernizes the cumbersome, paper-based rebate redemption process, so customers can easily apply for rebates online.
- Seamless integration with existing utility web portals, empowering customers with personalized energy insights and product recommendations.
- Potential new revenue streams by giving utilities the opportunity to capture commission on product sales and advertising dollars without being burdened by backend logistics and order fulfillment.
Integrating Enervee’s marketplace solution into Opower’s industry-leading cloud software platform means utilities will have access to the most robust customer engagement solution on the market, and new demand side management capabilities for sending targeted, relevant energy savings advice to consumers.
This release contains forward-looking statements, including statements regarding benefits from the use of Opower’s solutions. Any statements in this press release about future expectations, plans and prospects for Opower represent the Company's views as of the date of this press release. These forward-looking statements are subject to a number of risks, uncertainties and assumptions. While the Company may elect to update these statements at some point in the future, the Company specifically disclaims any obligation to do so.
Opower (NYSE: OPWR) is an enterprise software company that helps utilities elevate the customer experience. Energy providers use Opower's customer engagement platform to deliver proactive, digital communications that raise customer satisfaction, manage energy demand, and lower service costs. Opower's software is deployed to more than 95 utilities worldwide and reaches more than 50 million homes and businesses. For more information, please visit www.opower.com and follow us on Twitter at @Opower.
Enervee is the world’s first energy-smart data and commerce platform that connects utilities, retailers, manufacturers and governments through integrated product rankings and recommendations - distributed via online, in-store, mobile and social channels. The Enervee Score provides a data driven and objective way of comparing a product’s eco-value including energy consumption, product popularity and price worthiness, based on industry standards, against all models available on the market. Through its extensive SaaS platform, Enervee provides the most up-to-date market information to help utilities empower their customers to make energy- smart buying decisions. Enervee’s consumer site is available at enervee.com.