BRUSSELS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The GSMA today announced the first confirmed speakers for the Mobile 360 Series – Europe conference taking place on Thursday, 3 December 2015 at The Egg, Brussels. The event will bring together EU policy makers and thought leaders to explore the widespread innovations across the mobile ecosystem and its consequences for digital policies. It will also provide a timely opportunity to discuss and debate the necessary changes to the policy framework to realise the full potential of the Digital Single Market.
The first speakers confirmed for the event are:
- David Maidment, Lead Mobile Strategist, ARM
- Tom Platt, Commercial Director, BCSG
- Alexander De Croo, Deputy Prime Minister of Belgium, Minister for Digital Agenda and Telecoms
- Christopher S. Yoo, John H. Chestnut Professor of Law, Communication, and Computer & Information Science & Director, Center for Technology, Innovation & Competition
- Philippe Defraigne, Director, Cullen International
- Michal Boni, Member of the European Parliament
- Pierre Louette, Deputy CEO, Orange
- Janice Hughes, Co-Founder and Director, Redshift
- Rol Carthy, CMO, Shine Technologies
- Marco Patuano, CEO, Telecom Italia
- Lars Torstensson, EVP Group Communication and Strategy, Tele2
- Aditya Kaul, Research Director, Tractica
- Kaan Terzioğlu, CEO, Turkcell
The conference programme will drive the debate on how mobile and digital technologies are fuelling unprecedented innovations across all sectors of the EU’s economy and how best to frame the planned Digital Single Market and Telecoms Framework Review to benefit consumers, businesses and governments. The conference will focus on the impact that 5G technologies will have in the coming years, with a particular focus on enterprise services, financial technology, media and entertainment and wearable devices.
“Europe has the opportunity to gain a leadership position in the rapidly developing mobile ecosystem, bringing with it unparalleled prospects for economic growth and social progress. Bringing together industry leaders at conference events like Mobile 360 – Europe helps to propel new ideas and allows for a discussion on existing challenges to be overcome for the benefit of both consumers and industries in the region,” said Afke Schaart, Vice President Europe, GSMA.
Showcase at Mobile 360 Series – Europe
The Showcase will run throughout the event and will offer attendees the opportunity to engage with the latest mobile technology innovations from our partners and GSMA programmes. The GSMA offer a closer look at initiatives in areas such as Personal Data, Inside the Network, Network 2020, Digital Commerce and Capacity Building.
- Personal Data – Meet Mobile Connect, the mobile operator-facilitated authentication solution that combines the user’s unique mobile number and PIN to verify and authenticate the user everywhere. Mobile Connect can support e-government digital identity authentication for citizens and employees, giving access to public services like healthcare and education, as well as cross-border services and voting. By offering secure access with in-built privacy protection, Mobile Connect can strengthen trust and uptake in e-Government services.
- Inside the Network - As part of the Showcase the GSMA will be inviting guests to enter a unique virtual reality world to experience the power of the mobile network. Oculus Rift headsets will allow visitors to enter the mobile network, viewing it from the inside and taking in the expanding world of connected devices and services.
- Network 2020 - It's projected by 2020 that 70 per cent of the population will be LTE ready. Discover how to capitalise on this opportunity with the benefits of all-IP communications. The Network 2020 team will be demonstrating enriched calling and the new All-IP Business Guide. Attendees can book a free individual demonstration at http://info.gsma.com/Network2020BrusselsDemo.
- Digital Commerce - Digital Commerce will be worth US $3 trillion by 2018(1) – see how the Digital Commerce team is working with mobile operators, regulators, banks, card schemes, retailers, transport operators and other service providers to drive the mass adoption of SIM-secured digital commerce services globally.
- Capacity Building - Visit the Showcase stand to learn more about the GSMA’s catalogue of face-to-face training courses for policymakers and regulators, and pick up your free copy of the latest Mobile Policy Handbook. Try a demo of Capacity Building’s online training courses, which are now available via an interactive training portal.
Get Involved at Mobile 360 - Europe
For more information, including how to attend, exhibit or speak at the event, visit http://www.mobile360series.com/europe. Follow the latest developments and updates on Mobile 360 - Europe on Twitter - @GSMA and #M360EU – and on Facebook: www.facebook.com/gsma.
Notes to Editors
1 Source: The Mobile Economy 2015
About the GSMA
The GSMA represents the interests of mobile operators worldwide, uniting nearly 800 operators with more than 250 companies in the broader mobile ecosystem, including handset and device makers, software companies, equipment providers and internet companies, as well as organisations in adjacent industry sectors. The GSMA also produces industry-leading events such as Mobile World Congress, Mobile World Congress Shanghai and the Mobile 360 Series conferences.
For more information, please visit the GSMA corporate website at www.gsma.com. Follow the GSMA on Twitter: @GSMA.