ENGLEWOOD, Colo.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Today, Centura Health, the region’s leading health care network, announced a new model for emergency and urgent care in the region. Centura Health emergency and urgent care centers provide consumers with emergency and urgent care services in a single location. These hybrid emergency/urgent care centers are open 24/7, enhancing the convenience and access to health services, while helping to lower the cost of care since consumers are billed based on the level of service required.
A Centura Health emergency and urgent care center is staffed by Centura Health affiliated Board Certified emergency physicians, emergency-trained nurses, radiologic technologists and other clinical specialists. Whether a patient is being seen for a sore throat, cold and flu symptoms, chest pain, head injury or abdominal pain, the new service focuses on providing the consumer with the right level of emergency and urgent care. The treatment is based on the individual’s emergent or urgent condition and charges are in accordance with the treatment received. The hybrid emergency/urgent care centers provide consumers with a convenient, neighborhood-based location that is integrated with the Centura Health system and help to fill the gap between an individual’s health care needs and their primary care provider’s availability.
Within the next eight months, Centura Health plans to open four non-provider based Centura Health emergency and urgent care centers. The first two centers will open at 16280 W. 64th Avenue, Arvada, CO 80007 and 750 Warner Drive, Golden, CO 80401 in early December. Centura Health will also open a hybrid emergency/urgent care center to serve the southeast neighborhoods on Lincoln Ave., one mile east of I-25 in June 2016 and another one at the Indian Peaks Medical Center in Frederick, less than one mile east of I-25 and Highway 52 in June 2016.
Each hybrid center will be:
- A stand-alone center that may have other health services co-located on the property. For example, the Arvada, Golden and Parker centers will have a Centura Health Physician Group practice of primary care providers on location.
- Prepared to treat emergency conditions and features state-of-the-art diagnostic equipment including a digital x-ray, CT scan, Ultrasound, EKG and laboratory tests.
- Seamlessly connected to Centura Health and Colorado Health Neighborhoods physicians and specialists, including those who are on call for emergencies 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- A licensed emergency room and meets the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment licensure requirements.
Centura Health will continue to identify where gaps in services exist, and provide the right solution to meet consumers’ emergency and urgent care needs and deliver optimal health care value.
- "We are working to make the delivery of care seamless by improving the consistency, continuity and coordination of care," said Gary Campbell, president and chief executive officer, Centura Health. “Primary care providers are at the core of our neighborhood health strategy and these services are available to add another level of convenience. We will continue to expand our services and resources to optimize health value and reduce the amount of fragmentation within the health care delivery system. We are committed to highly reliable and effective health results at reasonable prices through exceptionally person-centered processes delivered in settings that are available and convenient to all."
About Centura Health
Centura Health connects individuals, families and neighborhoods across Colorado and western Kansas with more than 6,000 physicians and 19,400 of the best hearts and minds in health care. Through our 16 hospitals, two senior living communities, health neighborhoods, physician practices and clinics, home care and hospice services, and Flight For Life® Colorado, we are making the region’s best health care accessible and affordable in every community we serve. We believe you can inspire the people you care about to live healthier lives by encouraging them to do the little things that can make a big difference. We’re Centura Health, and we’re here for your health. For information on Centura Health or any of the facilities in our network, please visit www.centura.org.