FAIRFAX COUNTY, Va.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The Fairfax County Economic Development Authority (FCEDA) and the international law firm of Crowell & Moring LLP will present “U.S. Cybersecurity and Homeland Security: Market Opportunities and the Legal Landscape” on Nov. 17 in Tel Aviv to assist Israeli companies interested in tackling the American market. Israel Advanced Technology Industries (IATI), the country’s largest umbrella organization for the technology and life-science industries, is a partner in the event.
“The cybersecurity business in the United States and around the world is exploding, and Israeli firms interested in the U.S. market need to know that Fairfax County is quickly becoming one of the prime locations anywhere for public- and private-sector opportunities in the field,” said Gerald L. Gordon, Ph.D., president and CEO of the FCEDA. “We are pleased to work with Crowell & Moring and the IATI to present a terrific program that will help companies better understand those opportunities.”
Fairfax County, the economic engine of the Washington, D.C., area, offers excellent options for Israeli companies in technology, security and defense contracting and IT integration. More than 400 foreign companies, including almost 30 from Israel, have a presence in Fairfax County. The FCEDA has had a permanent office in Tel Aviv since 2005 to work with Israeli companies considering international locations. Yair Ephrati directs the Tel Aviv office, connecting Israeli companies with the FCEDA’s business-development and site-location services that can accelerate expansion in the United States.
The event will be held at the Dan Tel Aviv Hotel. Topics to be covered:
- cybersecurity opportunities in the U.S. market;
- trends in U.S. cybersecurity: Understanding government and corporate environments;
- solution-ready preparedness to accelerate and maximize sales opportunities; and,
- market opportunities of the U.S. cybersecurity hub in Fairfax County and the Washington, D.C., area.
- Gregory Briscoe, U.S. Commercial Service officer, U.S. Embassy, Tel Aviv;
- Evan Wolff, Privacy and Cybersecurity group, Crowell & Moring; senior associate, Homeland Security and Counterterrorism program, Center for Strategic & International Studies; managing director, The Chertoff Group;
- Andrew Vautier, chief information security officer, Accenture;
- Kobi Samboursky, co-founder and managing partner, Glilot Capital Partners;
- Sam Feigin, Israel Steering Committee, Crowell & Moring;
- Mark Kass, senior counsel, Crowell & Moring;
- Asher Kotz, business development manager, cybersecurity and Israel, Fairfax County Economic Development Authority.
Click here to register.
Time magazine called Fairfax County “one of the great economic success stories of our time.” The award-winning Fairfax County Economic Development Authority promotes Fairfax County as a business and technology center. In addition to its headquarters in Tysons Corner, Fairfax County’s largest business district, the FCEDA maintains marketing offices in six important global business centers: Bangalore, Munich, London, Los Angeles, Seoul and Tel Aviv. Follow the FCEDA on Twitter and LinkedIn.