SINGAPORE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Kulicke and Soffa Industries, Inc. (NASDAQ: KLIC) ("Kulicke & Soffa", "K&S" or the "Company") will be showcasing newly launched equipment and market leading packaging solutions at the Productronica 2015 show in Germany from November 10-13.
Continuing with the successful launch of the AsterionTM hybrid wedge bonder, K&S will be introducing handling options of AsterionTM i-One at the Productronica show. In addition to this single magazine-handler wedge bond hybrid solution, the Company will be demonstrating capabilities and enhancements of its leading advanced pick-and-place, wedge and wire bonding offerings which are positioned to solve the next generation of interconnect challenges.
- The AsterionTM i-One is a compact, single magazine-handler solution designed and integrated for the Company’s latest enhanced capability hybrid wedge bonder. This integrated solution can be customized to handle master card direct bonded copper (DBC) substrate, singulated DBC substrate, modules, flat boat and J-boat carriers. The barcode reader kit on the machine is capable of reading 1D or 2D barcode for strip mapping functionality. Optional hand held barcode reader kit for traceability is also available.
- The iFlex with its new design offers an increase in feeder capacity - achieving 25% more feeder positions. Combining this increased feeder capacity, with the high volume and high quality iX system delivers the Flexline, which offers best-in-class flexibility, fast changeovers and the lowest defect rates.
- The Hybrid 3 is a multi-application solution for advanced packaging with one of the lowest defect rates and highest throughput in the industry. It delivers a placement accuracy of less than 10µm, making it ideal for wafer level packaging, Fan-out wafer level packaging (FOWLP), System-in-Package (SiP), Multi-chip module (MCM), flip-chip, modules and embedded components. Having evolved from the high speed AX/iX product family, the Hybrid 3 is highly capable of placing both die and passive components with a single machine.
- The high-performance semiconductor wedge bonder platform, PowerFusionPSTM, is driven by a new powerful direct-drive motion system and expanded pattern recognition capabilities which deliver industry leading productivity and reliability.
- With upgraded and enhanced subsystems, the IConnPS PLUSTM machines are engineered to deliver all the capabilities needed for wire bonding today PLUS tomorrow. The bonders were designed with new capabilities and enhanced features focusing on five key areas: process robustness and portability, scalable production, ease-of-use, state-of-the-art servo motion control and upgradeability.
Customers can see these technical solutions at the Productronica show in Munich, Germany, Hall A2, Booth #339 from November 10-13, 2015.
About Kulicke & Soffa
Kulicke & Soffa (NASDAQ: KLIC) is a global leader in the design and manufacture of semiconductor, LED and electronic assembly equipment. As a pioneer in this industry, K&S has provided customers with market leading packaging solutions for decades. In recent years, K&S has expanded its product offerings through strategic acquisitions and organic development, adding advanced packaging, advanced SMT, wedge bonding and a broader range of expendable tools to its core ball bonding products. Combined with its extensive expertise in process technology, K&S is well positioned to help customers meet the challenges of assembling the next-generation semiconductor and LED devices. (www.kns.com)