PLANO, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Cinemark Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: CNK), a leader in the motion picture exhibition industry, will open a new 12-screen theatre in La Quinta, California, on Thursday, November 5, 2015. The Century La Quinta and XD will feature Cinemark’s NextGen cinema design concept, Luxury Lounger recliners, and favorite concession stand items, along with beer, wine and frozen cocktails. Located at 46-800 Washington Street and Highway 111, the theatre will offer guests large wall-to-wall screens, enhanced sound systems, and digital presentation in every auditorium. The new multiplex will boast the 12th Cinemark XD: Extreme Digital Cinema auditorium in Southern California.
"As we expand our presence in the Coachella Valley, the new state-of-the-art Cinemark La Quinta and XD theatre will be the perfect complement to our existing Century at the River multiplex in Rancho Mirage,” stated Mark Zoradi, Cinemark’s Chief Executive Officer. “Conveniently located in the Washington Park Shopping Center, the new theatre will be the first in the area to offer our Luxury Lounger recliner chairs. Additionally, our new complex will feature one of Cinemark’s extremely popular XD auditoriums where our guests will enjoy all of the big blockbuster movies this holiday season.”
Over the next few weeks, the new theatre will be exhibiting a variety of movies including SPECTRE; THE PEANUTS MOVIE; THE HUNGER GAMES: MOCKINGJAY, PART 2; STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS; and THE GOOD DINOSAUR.
At Century La Quinta and XD guests will experience the comforts of a brand new NextGen theatre which boasts the latest cutting-edge technology and customer-preferred amenities including:
- Cinemark Luxury Loungers that are electric-powered, plush, oversized recliners with footrests and cup holders
- State-of-the-art viewing environment with wall-to-wall screens available in all auditoriums
- Cinemark XD: Extreme Digital Cinema auditorium. XD is the number one, private label Premium Large Format (PLF) in the world
- 4K digital projection powered by Barco projectors; RealD 3D capability in several auditoriums
- Enhanced, sound systems that will enable customers to hear the movie as the filmmakers intended
- A cafeteria style concession stand
- Beer, wine and frozen cocktail options
- Online and kiosk ticketing available
- Reserved seating
Moviegoers can download the Cinemark app to view show times and purchase tickets on-the-go. Guests can also use CineMode and earn rewards for being courteous during movies. Cinemark fans are invited to stay connected through Cinemark’s social media channels: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube. Finally, customers can sign up online to receive free, weekly show time emailers that contain online coupons for discounts at the concession stand and other weekly special offers at cinemark.com.
ABOUT CINEMARK HOLDINGS, INC.
Cinemark is a leading domestic and international motion picture exhibitor, operating 503 theatres with 5,720 screens in 41 U.S. states, Brazil, Argentina and 12 other Latin American countries as of June 30, 2015. For more information, go to investors.cinemark.com.