SEATTLE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--(NASDAQ:AMZN) – Amazon.com today officially kicked off the countdown to Black Friday with the launch of the Black Friday Deals store and Electronics Holiday Gift Guide. This year, Prime members can access more than 30,000 Lightning Deals 30 minutes early and all customers will find tens of thousands of deals on more of the items they want. In addition, the curated Electronics Holiday Gift Guide and Gift Finder tool take the guesswork out of shopping and make it easy to discover all of the right gifts.
“Shoppers come to Amazon to discover the best deals on the best gifts and this year, we’re pulling out all of the stops,” said Steve Shure, Vice President, Amazon Consumer Marketing. “We’re giving Prime members early access to more than 30,000 Lightning Deals and for all customers, tens of thousands of great deals in the Black Friday Deals store. With incredible deals, fast delivery options, curated lists like our Electronics Holiday Gift Guide, gift recommendations, customer reviews and more, we’re making it easier than ever for customers to save time and money on their holiday shopping.”
Black Friday Deals: The Black Friday Deals store is the leading deals destination for customers this holiday season with tens of thousands of deals on top items including electronics, toys, clothing, jewelry, kitchen, and more, now through December 22. Prime members will get the first crack at more than 30,000 deals through Prime Early Access and all customers can find great deals throughout the season at www.amazon.com/blackfriday, including:
- 30% off Sony XBR55X900C 55-Inch 4K Ultra HD TV with a Blu-ray Player
- $170 off the Sony Alpha a6000 Mirrorless Digital Camera with 16-50mm Power Zoom Lens
- 47% off Jaybird X Sport Bluetooth Headphones
- Optima HD37 Full 3D 1080p 2600 Lumens DLP Home Cinema Projector for less than $800
- 40% off select Frye shoes, handbags, accessories and luggage/travel for men and women
- 40% off select toys from top construction brands including K’NEX, Tegu, and Magformer
- Up to 50% off select Home Automation products
- 20% or more off select Wilton and Pyrex bakeware products
- Deals from top Kitchen brands including Rubbermaid, KitchenAid, Paderno, and Instant Pot
- $10 off select $50 Black & Decker product purchases
- Up to 50% off hundreds of PetSafe items
Electronics Holiday Gift Guide: With more than 600 of this year’s hottest items, organized by category and gift recipient, the Electronics Holiday Gift Guide and Gift Finder tool help customers discover the right gift for everyone on their list – from the Photographer who wants the latest gear from GoPro and Canon, to the Gadget Guru who is eyeing the latest innovations from the Amazon Launchpad program like the Electric Objects Digital Art Display and Bluesmart Smart Carry-On Luggage. Customers can explore exciting new features like never-before-seen 3D imagery of hot gifts, editor’s picks, exclusive product reviews, unboxing videos, and gift recommendations, with new content uploaded regularly from trusted sources including Gawker, Tom’s Guide, and The Wirecutter.
Tech Gifts and Shopping Trends to Watch
- High-Tech, Low Budget: Tech gear is always at the top of shopping lists during the holidays, and now customers can find tech gifts to give and receive without paying a premium. The Electronics Holiday Gift Guide features affordable gifts including the all-new Fire tablet – the #1 best-selling product on Amazon.com since launch – portable speakers from JAM, and headphones from Panasonic and Audio-Technica, all under $100!
- Wanted Wearables and the Smart Home: Wearables and Home Automation items are wished-for year-round and customers will find the latest gear to make home life more efficient with products like the Belkin WeMo Netcam, Crock-Pot Smart Wi-Fi-Enabled Slow Cooker, and iRobot Roomba Vacuum. Customers will also find stylish wearables in new and exclusive colors from Jawbone, Fitbit, and Garmin to track fitness and monitor health.
- Shop via Voice: More and more, devices are making our lives hands-free. Now, creating a holiday shopping list with Amazon Echo and Alexa is as easy as asking, and placing an order using voice control with the Amazon app on your mobile device is as simple as saying the word. This year, customers can shop in more ways without leaving their home or even touching a keyboard.
Customers will find even more fast delivery options with Amazon Prime, making last-minute shopping a thing of the past. A growing list of Prime services is making it easy for customers to shop and save this holiday season including unlimited Free Two-Day Shipping on more than 20 million items, unlimited Free Same-Day Delivery on more than a million items in 16 metro areas, and early access to Lightning Deals all year long. In addition, Prime members in 20 metro areas receive one and two hour delivery on tens of thousands of everyday essentials with the dedicated Prime Now mobile app.
Amazon.com opened on the World Wide Web in July 1995. The company is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit www.amazon.com/about.