DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/gpjlpf/body_fat) has announced the addition of the "Body Fat Measurement Market Analysis By Product And Segment - Forecasts To 2020" report to their offering.
The global market for body fat measurement is expected to reach USD 640.3 million by 2020, growing at an estimated CAGR of 8.4% from 2014 to 2020
The growing prevalence of obesity and other metabolism related disorders is expected to fuel demand for body weight management and body fat measurement market. The availability of a number of body fat measurement techniques & products in the market, technological developments enhancing cost effectiveness and expected implementation of market expansion plans set in place by major market players are the key factors expected to drive the growth of this market throughout the forecast period.
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Bioimpedance analyzers dominated the market in terms of revenue in 2013 due to the fact that they optimally combine the two major parameters for body fat measurement which are accuracy and price.
- Owing to the increasing occurrence of body weight and metabolism associated disorders and escalating negative lifestyle habits promoting overweight and obese body conditions, it is expected that the demand for BIA devices and body fat skinfold calipers will grow at a steady rate through to 2020.
Global Body Fat Measurement Market, by Product
- Bioimpedance Analyzers (BIA)
- Body Fat Skinfold Calipers
- Air Displacement Plethysmography (ADP)
- Hydrostatic Weighing (HwD)
- Dual Emission X-Ray Absorptiometry (DEXA)
Some key participants in the body fat measurement market include Beurer GmbH, Jawon Medical Co. Ltd., Omron Global Healthcare Business, Tanita Corporation, Inbody Co. Ltd., GE Healthcare, L'Accessorio Nucleare S.r.l., The Diagnostic Medical Systems (DMS) Group, Hologic Inc., COSMED S.r.l., Exertech and AccuFitness LLC.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/gpjlpf/body_fat