DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/pjb5wf/technology) has announced the addition of the "Technology Analysis of Advanced Exhaust Heat Recovery Systems in Passenger Cars" report to their offering.
Exhaust heat recovery (EHR) is a promising approach to reducing fuel consumption of future vehicles powered by internal combustion engines. Besides reducing exhaust emissions, EHR concepts focus on improving the use of primary energy. Irrespective of displacement, contemporary internal combustion engines convert less than 40% of the fuel energy used into mechanical energy. In low-load urban driving cycles, efficiency can fall below 20%.
This study provides a strategic overview of EHR technologies in the passenger vehicle market in Europe and North America, including key R&D trends, market drivers and restraints, and adoption goals. Other objectives include analysing disruptive technology alerts and market direction by OEM from 2015 to 2022.
Key Questions this Study will Answer
- What are the advantages and considerations (e.g., cost of system, integration issues, CO2 emission levels, and efficiency gain) that OEMs weigh before adopting EHR systems?
- What is the systems introduction strategy for key OEMs in Europe and North America and what are their preferred technologies?
- How will these technologies penetrate different segments in key global OEM line-ups for Europe and North America?
- What are the pertinent indices to measure the performance of these systems? How will these systems evolve over the coming years to match the market demands?
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
- Executive Summary-Key Findings
- Executive Summary-Energy Conservation and Recovery Technologies Roadmap
- Executive Summary-Performance Goals for EHR Technologies
- Executive Summary-EHR Technology Development & Adoption Drivers
- Executive Summary-OEM Considerations for EHR Technology Development
- Executive Summary-Key Conclusions and Future Outlook
2. Research Scope, Objectives, Background, and Methodology
- Research Scope
- Research Aims and Objectives
- Key Questions this Study will Answer
- Research Background and Methodology
- Research Methodology
- Key OEM/Participant Groups Compared in this Study
3. Definitions and Segmentation
- Product/Technology Segmentation
- Exhaust Heat Recovery Systems (EHRS)-Technology Scope & Definition
- EHRS-Thermoelectric Generators
- Vehicle Segmentation
4. Market Analysis of EHR Technologies
- Energy Conservation and Recovery Systems-Requirements
- Exhaust Energy Recovery-Technologies Roadmap towards 2020
- EHRS-Key Attributes
- EHRS-Key Goals Targeted by OEMs
- EHRS-OEM Interest Levels
- EHRS-Technology Rollout Progression
5. OEM and Supplier Case Studies
- EHRS-Case Study, BMW Group
- EHRS-Case Study, Ford Motor Co.
- EHRS-Case Study, Exoes Technologies
6. Conclusions and Future Outlook
- Key Conclusions and Future Outlook
- The Last Word-3 Big Predictions
- Legal Disclaimer
- Learn More-Next Steps
- BMW Group
- Exoes Technologies
- Ford Motor Co.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/pjb5wf/technology