KEY BISCAYNE, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Marchex (NASDAQ:MCHX), a mobile advertising analytics company, and leading media publication Digiday today released the “State of the Industry: How Mobile is Changing Marketing” report at the Digiday Agency Summit in Key Biscayne, Florida.
To understand the changing mobile environment and how companies are fine-tuning their priorities to adapt to this new landscape, Marchex and Digiday surveyed marketing agencies, publishers and brands. The findings show that mobile is closing the gap between digital exposure and real-world sales, with companies increasingly focusing their advertising efforts on in-store purchases or phone calls. At the same time, the survey finds that the inability to tie advertising exposure to sales is the biggest challenge in today’s mobile ecosystem.
Below are some of the key findings from the survey:
- Respondents are more likely to call mobile advertising measurement and attribution (the ability to tie mobile ad exposures to sales) “very challenging” or “challenging” (56 percent) as opposed to scale (39 percent) or transparency (37 percent).
- More than 60 percent of respondents’ sales come through offline sources, either in-store or over-the-phone sales.
- Nearly half of those polled cited driving in-store purchases as a desired outcome of mobile marketing, and 40 percent cited click-to-call.
- More than 60 percent of respondents indicated that a consumer’s location weighs heavily when determining what content or information to serve them through their mobile device.
- Marketers consider call analytics as the most effective method for connecting mobile ad exposure to purchases via inbound phone calls.
“As mobile advertising budgets continue to grow, we’re seeing brands and agencies demand more accountability,” said Pete Christothoulou, CEO of Marchex. “These results confirm that effective measurement and attribution of mobile advertising is a major challenge, and we anticipate growing demand for analytics solutions that can connect mobile behavior to real-world, offline actions.”
John Busby, Senior Vice President of Consumer Insights & Marketing, Marchex is presenting the findings of the study at the Digiday Agency Summit in Key Biscayne on October 27. To download the full report, please visit http://pages.marchex.com/State-Of-The-Industry.html.
Marchex is a mobile advertising analytics company that connects online behavior to real-world, offline actions. By linking critical touchpoints in the customer journey, Marchex’s products enable a 360-degree view of marketing effectiveness. Brands and agencies utilize Marchex’s products to transform business performance.
Please visit www.marchex.com, blog.marchex.com or @marchex on Twitter (Twitter.com/Marchex), where Marchex discloses material information from time to time about the company, its financial information, and its business.
Digiday is a leading modern media publication and events company, a daily must-read among influencers obsessed with the bleeding edge of media and marketing.