MILWAUKEE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Tomorrow at 6:00 a.m., Roundy’s, Inc. (“Roundy’s”) (NYSE: RNDY), a leading grocer in the Midwest, will open its newest Mariano’s location in Chicago. The 34th store for the banner will bring approximately 540 new jobs to the area.
Anchoring the NewCity development at 1500 N. Clybourn Ave. near the CTA Red Line North Avenue/Clybourn station, the two-story location covers more than 83,000 square feet, making it the largest Mariano’s in Chicago. Inside, shoppers will find their beloved signature Mariano’s experiences including Oki Sushi, an Oyster Bar, Todds BBQ and SQUEEZ’D. The store will also feature a patisserie, a specialty cheese and charcuterie shop and VEG’D – a freshly-prepared food station dedicated to vegetarian and vegan items – as well as many other features to deliver an unparalleled foodie experience.
“We are constantly evolving to better serve the needs of our customers, and our store at NewCity is no exception,” said Bob Mariano, Chairman, President, and CEO of Roundy’s. “We of course have the traditional grocery staples, but with unique features like fresh smoothies, sushi and smoked barbeque, we offer an experience unlike anywhere else. When doors open tomorrow, our new neighbors in Lincoln Park will find a store that is truly one-of-a-kind.”
Mariano’s NewCity will feature an array of foodie experiences fit for any lifestyle and unique store enhancements including:
- Vero featuring premium coffees with on-site, fresh-roasted coffee beans, as well as locally and homemade gelato prepared with traditional Italian techniques
- Cheese and Charcuterie with a variety of regional and international cheeses that can be cut-to-order and specially wrapped, along with an extensive selection of salumis, a hand-pulled mozzarella station and an olive bar
- Todds BBQ offering daily smoked brisket, ribs, and more, all with a variety of sauces to fit shoppers’ tastes
- Oyster Bar featuring the freshest shucked oysters and specialty seafood dishes
- SQUEEZ’D smoothie bar showcasing a variety of made-to-order fruit and vegetable smoothies, plus Mariano’s signature fresh-squeezed orange and other fruit juices
- Full-service Pharmacy with friendly and accessible pharmacists, immunization services, the Mariano’s Prescription Savings Club and the unique PharmaSmart Blood Pressure machine
To celebrate the opening of the new Mariano’s NewCity location, the Roundy’s Foundation will make a donation to After School Matters as part of its ongoing commitment to the communities it serves. After School Matters is a non-profit organization that provides life-changing after-school and summer opportunities to more than 15,000 Chicago high school teens each year.
Mariano’s NewCity is open seven days a week from 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. The pharmacy is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Mariano’s, the Midwest’s most exciting food destination, is one of four grocery banners of Roundy’s Supermarkets, Inc. Mariano’s, founded in 2010, is an integral part of the communities it serves. With 34 locations across the Chicagoland area, Mariano’s places a premium on the customer experience, offering a highly differentiated food shopping experience combined with exceptional customer service. Mariano’s incorporates Chicagoland’s distinctive neighborhood culture into its signature grocery merchandising allowing customers to enjoy a truly unique foodie experience.