SEATTLE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--(NASDAQ:AMZN) — Amazon today announced the expansion of Prime FREE Same-Day Delivery to two more major metro areas, Chicago and Orlando, as well as new locations in the New York City, Northern New Jersey and Philadelphia areas. The program now serves more than 750 cities and towns across 16 metro areas. Prime members can order as late as noon and receive all same-day orders over $35 before bedtime that very same day, free, seven days a week – even Sunday. Members will discover many of the most popular items on Amazon available for same-day delivery including great gift ideas in electronics, toys, video games, kitchen supplies, holiday party essentials and more. Find eligible zip codes and start shopping at www.amazon.com/sameday or join Amazon Prime at www.amazon.com/prime.
“We’re focused on making Prime better and better and every day members discover how Prime FREE Same-Day Delivery can make their lives easier,” said Greg Greeley, Vice President of Amazon Prime. “Members in Chicago and Orlando, as well as members in more than 750 cities and towns, can order by noon and receive their orders the very same day, for free.”
Since the Prime FREE Same-Day program launched in May, members have ordered millions of different items across a variety of categories. Some fun facts include:
- Among the most popular same-day delivery items nationwide are the Fire TV Stick, Crest 3D White Luxe Strips, and Optimum Nutrition chocolate-flavored protein powder.
- Locally popular same-day purchases include water filters in New York City, inflatable water toys in Atlanta, and bicycle locks in San Francisco.
- Members have ordered more than 3,500 different board game titles and over 3,500 varieties of pet treats with Prime FREE Same-Day Delivery.
- A Texas Instruments Graphing Calculator was the 2nd-most popular same-day item nationwide in the first week of September, following the most popular item the Fitbit Charge Activity Wristband.
- Popular Oktoberfest supplies ordered same-day include Bavarian-themed table covers, home brewing kits and Lederhosen outfits.
Prime FREE Same-Day Delivery is now available in 16 greater metro areas, accounting for more than 750 cities and towns, including Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston, Dallas-Ft. Worth, Indianapolis, the Greater Los Angeles area, New York, Philadelphia, Phoenix, San Diego, the San Francisco Bay area including Oakland and San Jose, Seattle-Tacoma, the Tampa Bay area, Washington, D.C., and newly added Orlando and Chicago areas. Coverage in Chicago extends from downtown north to Evanston and Arlington Heights, west to Glen Ellyn and Downers Grove, and south to Oak Lawn. Coverage in Orlando extends north to Sanford and Deltona, south to Kissimmee, as well as eastern and western suburbs such as Clermont, Winter Garden and Winter Park. New coverage also includes additional areas in Brooklyn and Queens in New York City, Northern New Jersey stretching from Newark to Paterson and beyond, and additional locations in the downtown area of Philadelphia.
Members can choose from over a million items, place an order by noon and receive the items by 9pm the very same day, seven days a week – even on Sunday. After noon, members can continue to shop the same selection and will receive orders the next day.
Fast and Free Comes with Choices
Amazon Prime comes with multiple options for unlimited, fast free shipping. Members can use any of these options in eligible areas including:
- Prime FREE Two-Day: Prime members in the United States continue to enjoy unlimited Free Two-Day Shipping on more than 20 million items across all product categories.
- Prime FREE Same-Day: Members in 16 metro areas, which includes more than 750 cities and towns, can order by noon and have that order delivered before bedtime. Members can choose from a broad selection of more than a million items, seven days a week – even Sunday.
- Prime Now: Members in select cities can choose from tens of thousands of everyday essentials for ultra-fast, free two-hour delivery from a dedicated mobile app.
More to Prime
Amazon Prime is an annual membership program for $99 a year that offers customers unlimited Free Two-Day Shipping on more than 20 million items across all categories, unlimited Free Same-Day Delivery on more than a million items in 16 metro areas, unlimited streaming of tens of thousands of movies and TV episodes (including the Back To The Future Trilogy), more than one million songs, more than one thousand playlists and hundreds of stations with Prime Music, early access to select Lightning Deals all year long, free secure, unlimited photo storage in Amazon Cloud Drive with Prime Photos and access to more than 800,000 books to borrow with the Kindle Owners’ Lending Library. In addition, Prime members in select cities receive one and two hour delivery through Prime Now on tens of thousands of items through a mobile app. Not a member? Start a free trial of Amazon Prime at amazon.com/prime.
Amazon.com opened on the World Wide Web in July 1995. The company is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon.