TRENTON, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The New Jersey Division of Revenue and Enterprise Services launches a new and improved Business Formation service. This web-based application streamlines the process of forming a business in New Jersey and provides real-time access to purchased documents for up to 30 days. The Business Formation service is accessible via the Division’s website at http://www.nj.gov/njbgs or by visiting the service directly at https://www.njportal.com/DOR/BusinessFormation. The service is mobile-friendly.
The Business Formation service offers key features such as the ability to:
- Search and validate selected business name;
- Identify registered agent by identification number;
- Upload documents such as Good Standing Certificates and business purpose statements;
- Give companies free access to official copies of their documents for printing and/or transmission to interested parties for up to 30 days after filing;
- Immediately post official copies of filed documents on the public record system for legal business entities – a key to establishing a fully recognized business presence in New Jersey;
- Reduce the data entry burden on the business community by linking with the online tax/employer registration process;
- Accept all major credit cards and eChecks.
The enhanced Business Formation service was developed in partnership with the State of New Jersey and the New Jersey Information Division of NICUSA, Inc. The goal of the New Jersey Information Division of NICUSA, Inc. is to make government interactions more accessible through technology, and the company has worked with the State on a variety of digital government service projects.