NEWARK, Del.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--SevOne, the leading global provider of digital infrastructure management solutions, today announced new advancements to the patented SevOne Performance Monitoring Cluster, a comprehensive suite of solutions that enables today's largest data center and network operators to harness the power of their digital infrastructure. The release of the 5.5 versions of the SevOne Performance Appliance Solution (PAS) and the SevOne Dedicated NetFlow Collector (DNC), along with the SevOne xStats™ Adapter for use with OpenStack extends SevOne’s vision to achieve real-time operational insight in software-defined infrastructures to driver smarter business decisions. These releases also feature monitoring infrastructure integrity with automated context; analyzing resource consumption and assuring service availability in OpenStack-enabled environments; and extracting SevOne collected metrics and exporting them to third-party business intelligence tools.
Software-Defined Networking (SDN) and its counterpart, Network Functions Virtualization (NFV), have ushered in a new way of thinking about application and service delivery in today’s mobile economy. The agility provided by SDN and NFV allows digital infrastructures to spin up additional resources on demand, as required by applications. The constraints of the past have been largely eliminated, paving the way for a shift to a software-defined infrastructure to meet more demanding time-to-market pressures.
“Achieving operational insight into highly dynamic environments is near impossible with legacy performance monitoring tools. Simply put, they were never designed to manage performance in elastic, complex infrastructures,” said Christian Renaud, Senior Networking Analyst at 451 Research. “SevOne’s vision of assuring service delivery in SDN and NFV-based environments helps organizations put their infrastructure in context and allows them to make rapid business decisions.”
SevOne’s latest release addresses the market’s demand for a digital infrastructure management technology that can deliver deeper visibility into both physical and virtual environments, understand the rapidly changing dependencies, and correlate metric, flow and log data at scale.
“In a software-defined infrastructure, companies need to adjust their mindset when it comes to managing performance. You’re not managing devices. You’re monitoring end-to-end services that can be defined and modified instantly with the click of a mouse or the call of an API,” said Jim Melvin, CMO at SevOne. “SevOne is committed to helping the world’s largest enterprises and service providers adopt a software-defined approach, rethinking their digital infrastructures in today’s mobile economy to respond faster and deliver on the amazing, personal experiences customers now expect.”
Enhanced capabilities in these latest releases include:
- OpenStack Support – With the ability to monitor and manage the performance of OpenStack infrastructures, SevOne provides insights into the operations of both the virtual and physical infrastructure as a single entity, ensuring infrastructure integrity, aiding in resource consumption, and assuring service availability.
- Automated Infrastructure Context – Users can view L2/L3 network connectivity with real-time status overlays through topographical displays, while also accessing infrastructure context via the SevOne northbound API.
- Expanded Flow Analysis – SevOne has extended its flow monitoring capabilities to support Cisco AVC with extended flow metric fields such as latency, packet loss and jitter.
- Selective Discovery – Users can determine precisely what they want to automatically monitor by implementing a series of include/exclude rules for discovered objects.
- User Action Logging – SevOne now provides standard audit log formats for 25+ different user interactions including: Failed Login Attempts, User Logouts, Flow Settings Changes, IP SLA Changes, Cluster Manger Settings Changes and more.
- Built-in Dataminer – SevOne enables companies to export all types of metrics regardless of the source to third-party business intelligence tools to conduct additional data analytics.
For more information on this latest release, please visit www.sevone.com.
SevOne is the leading global provider of digital infrastructure management solutions. The patented SevOne Cluster™ architecture arms today's largest data center and network operators with solutions to harness the power of their digital infrastructure and deliver real-time knowledge and insights. With a new state-of-the-art research and development center on the University of Delaware's Science, Technology and Advanced Research (STAR) Campus, SevOne has additional offices in Boston, Philadelphia, London and Bulgaria. SevOne was named a Visionary in Gartner's 2015 Magic Quadrant for Network Performance Monitoring and Diagnostics. More information can be found at www.sevone.com. Follow SevOne on Twitter at @SevOneInc.