REDWOOD SHORES, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Cafyne, the enterprise social media solution for regulated industries, today announced general availability of its SaaS offering. While most existing social media tools focus on just one element of social media management, Cafyne brings together security, risk management, analytics, and employee advocacy into one completely unified, user-friendly tool designed specifically to meet compliance needs for a broad range of regulated industries.
"Cafyne enables companies with the most to lose to use social media marketing safely and securely,” said Rohit Valia, Cafyne founder and CEO. “For example, there are more than 6,000 banks in the U.S. and very few allow their employees to officially represent their brands on social media. That means thousands of banks are missing out on their best and most trusted representatives—their employees.”
According to the 2015 Edelman Trust Barometer, employees and industry experts are more trusted than CEOs and corporate social media accounts. To take full advantage of this, Cafyne promotes employee engagement by ensuring compliance to both internal policies and external regulations.
"Brand monitoring and protection technologies can scan a wide array of online channels to help improve the way you track your digital brand as well as the employees and third parties associated with it… Beyond enhanced risk intelligence, these tools help facilitate remediation processes with different internal stakeholders as well as with external affiliates, law enforcement, and service providers that can take down infringing sites or content," said Nick Hayes, an analyst with Forrester Research, Inc. 
Cafyne starts by monitoring and archiving the full firehose of social media activity pertaining to a company, including social media interactions by employees and conversations around the company brand. It then uses both natural language processing and machine learning techniques to route security, compliance, buying signals and other alerts to predefined users, and promotes secure employee engagement. Features include:
- Role-based access provides secure social media use for employees and allows compliance officers to review staff posts and monitor external activity.
- Calculates social media engagement through Social Impact and Social Equity scores at the individual, group or company level to assess which employees or entities most impact the organization.
- Identifies the social media profiles of employees, partners and prospects without compromising privacy.
- Facilitates pre-approved, ready-to-share posts for use throughout the organization.
Risk Management & Compliance
- Archives all social media posts to ensure easy retrieval in case of an audit or e-discovery.
- Pre-built rule libraries mitigates risks such as brand and marketing violations, unauthorized IP disclosure, phishing, cyberstalking, and regulatory violations, and are continuously updated with changes to HIPAA, FFIEC, FINRA, SEC or other industry-specific regulations.
- Tracks profiles and records violations of social media policies, classifies violations based on severity, and controls policy violations with automated workflows.
- Monitors employees' incoming and outgoing posts to social media channels in real-time.
- Identifies spear phishing attacks, harmful content and potential compliance risks.
- Manages corporate passwords and deletes harmful tweets from centralized dashboard.
- Using both natural language processing and machine learning techniques, routes security, compliance, buying signals and other alerts to predefined users.
Social Intelligence and Analytics
- Complete visibility to your organization’s social reach and exposure.
- Populates a database of key influencers and possible detractors on the most popular platforms, like Facebook and Twitter, and see their activity on one dashboard.
- Monitors and predicts impact, sentiment and social media trends by time and location.
- Gives real-time alerts for security, compliance violations and buying signals against a predefined social media policy.
The company offers a free 30-day trial for new users, available immediately. For a free 30-day trial, visit http://www.cafyne.com.
Cafyne is the first enterprise social media solution for brand amplification, risk management, and employee advocacy in regulated industries. Cafyne identifies harmful content and potential compliance risks before they have a chance to do damage. Over 80% of Fortune 500 firms are active on Facebook and Twitter. Left unmanaged, these social media accounts are open doors to compliance issues, sensitive information breaches and reputation damage. Gartner named Cafyne as 1 of 3 Cool Vendors in Risk Management 2014. For more information, please visit Cafyne at http://www.cafyne.com, and connect with Cafyne on Twitter (@Cafyne) and Facebook (facebook.com/Cafyneinc).
 Source: Brand Resilience: Understanding Risk Managers' Key Role In Protecting Company Reputation, Forrester Research, April 6, 2015.