DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/j2nk8s/2015_technology) has announced the addition of the "2015 Technology Convergence Scenarios" report to their offering.
Convergence Scenario Examples using the top 50 technologies generated by Technical Insights in 2015.
Market Challenges & Opportunities:
- Increasing intermittent energy production from expanding renewable energy sources such as solar and wind.
- Inefficient utilization of energy, including losses from electricity transmission.
- Balancing electricity supply and demand.
- High capital costs for consumers who wish to reduce their dependence on the electricity grid.
- Current public utility regulations that are not conducive for customers to self-produce electricity and connect with the grid.
- Coupling onsite renewable energy sources such as solar and wind with efficient energy storage systems such as lithium batteries.
- Optimizing localized energy generation, particularly renewable energy.
- Incorporating active demand management technologies into microgrids.
- Feed-in-tariffs enable consumers to earn income from selling excess energy produced, increasing payback opportunities.
- Reform of public utility regulations and restructuring of utility operations.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Future Utility
2. Connected Farming
3. Blind Man's Guide
4. Automated Decision Making
5. Next Generation Connected Care
6. Seventh Sense
7. Neuroprosthetics-based Body Suit
8. Augmented Reality-Based Surgery
9. Virtual Education-as-a-Service
10. Augmented Reality for Enhanced User Experience
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/j2nk8s/2015_technology