BOSTON & PHILADELPHIA--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Please replace the release with the following corrected version due to revisions.
The corrected release reads:
LINKABLE NETWORKS LAUNCHES THE FIRST FULLY-DIGITAL SHOPPER ATTRIBUTION SOLUTION BRIDGING DIGITAL AND IN-STORE
Enables retailers to directly measure in-store sales driven by digital and social media
Linkable Networks today announced the launch of the Linkable Shopper Attribution Platform, enabling retailers to, for the first time, directly measure the impact of their digital media on in-store sales based on actual consumer transactions. A retailer’s in-store shopper data has previously been limited to test and control or panels for measurement. With the introduction of Linkable Shopper Attribution Platform, retailers no longer have to wonder what digital and social media investment is driving in-store sales. Measuring the purchase behavior of 180 million cardholders in the U.S., the Linkable Shopper Attribution Platform gives brands and retailers a new way to incentivize and reward consumers for purchasing specific products in-store, where 93 percent of all retail sales still occur.
While e-commerce has been growing at a rapid pace, many retailers have struggled with driving in-store sales growth. And with increased competition from Amazon and direct-fulfillment by manufacturers, retailers need a more effective way to increase foot traffic in-store where the average customer spend is typically higher than online. The Linkable Shopper Attribution Platform helps retailers instantly promote incentives that convert the 71 percent of shoppers, who are researching price, coupons and reviews while in-store, into buyers. While the industry has found the ability to measure digital media’s impact on e-commerce to be easy, Linkable has solved the digital to in-store attribution problem.
Beyond the benefit to retailers and brands, the Linkable Shopper Attribution Platform addresses the needs of digital-savvy consumers – especially the coveted millennial demographic. A recent commissioned study conducted by Forrester Consulting on behalf of Linkable Networks found that millennials have seen traditional paper coupons and current digital coupons experiences as too complicated to use. However, 64 percent of millennials surveyed said they would visit a new retailer if they received a card-linked offer. The platform allows consumers to receive an all-digital card-linked offer redemption – with no printing or promotion codes to remember – becoming a seamless part of the customer experience as it occurs automatically upon purchase.
“The biggest shift in digital media right now is the widespread focus on adopting programmatic solutions,” said Tom Burgess, CEO of Linkable Networks. “The Linkable Shopper Attribution Platform was built with a simple idea in mind, brands and retailers need a better way to see return on their digital ad spend in-store. Also, consumers benefit by receiving the offers they want at the product level without having to cut out or search for an online coupon. Our platform provides the measurement for programmatic that retailers are demanding.”
The SaaS-based Linkable Shopper Attribution Platform leverages the ubiquitous reach of the more than 180 million credit and debit cardholders in the U.S. by directly saving, or linking, offers and coupons to a consumer’s card account. As pioneers in the industry, Linkable has enabled any type of digital media to leverage the unique capabilities intrinsic to card-linked offers. In addition to being able to support whole-store offers and rewards, the Shopper Attribution Platform includes three industry firsts:
- SKU-level offers and rewards: Core to the Linkable platform is the ability for retailers, and their brand partners, to create digital offers that include or exclude specific items, categories, departments and locations. This allows a retailer’s vendor brand to directly attribute their media dollars to in-store spending through their retail channels.
- Coupon anti-stacking: Linkable prevents the ability for consumers to “stack” digital and printed offers in a single transaction solving a big concern of retailers and brands as the industry shifts from print to digital coupons and promotions.
- Universal data connect: Linkable connects directly with the card networks, select processors or the retailer’s data center to provide multiple layers of data redundancy for card-linked offers.
The Linkable Shopper Attribution Platform is now available and is the foundation for Linkable’s three solutions:
- Linkable Promotions: All-digital coupons or rewards – store-wide or item-level – that are linked to a consumer’s credit or debit card and redeem automatically without paper, a promotion code or another app.
- Linkable Media: In-store attribution of a retailer’s or brand’s digital media based on consumer purchases.
- Linkable Loyalty: Automatically measures and aggregates purchases across any national retailer for use by Loyalty companies to reward and track consumer spending.
About Linkable Networks
Since 2011, Linkable Networks has been nose-down building a scalable platform that provides brands and retailers the ability to engage, reward and incentivize their consumers directly and across any channel – online, mobile and in-store. Linkable Networks pioneered the concept of card-linked-offers and have taken it to the next level. Both our self-service and SaaS-based platforms enable the creation of actionable ads, coupons, offers, promotions, rebates and more that let you influence and reward consumers no matter where they shop. To learn more, please visit us on LinkedIn or @Linkables on Twitter.