CHELMSFORD, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Carmike Cinemas, one of the largest movie theater companies in the U.S., has selected the Kronos Workforce Central suite of workforce management solutions deployed in the Kronos Cloud. Kronos will be used across all locations around the country.
- One of the nation's largest motion picture exhibitors, Carmike Cinemas is a U.S. leader in digital cinema and 3-D cinema deployments. Operating 270 theaters with 2,882 screens across 41 states, Carmike continues to grow, and chose to deploy in the Kronos Cloud so it can easily integrate processes with newly acquired cinemas. As a result, Kronos will perform all configuration, maintenance, upgrades, and support of the workforce management solution, enabling the IT department of Carmike Cinemas to focus on other business priorities.
- By replacing a mix of systems as well as manual processes with automated Kronos time and attendance, employee scheduling, and mobile applications, Carmike Cinemas will standardize processes and gain real-time visibility into critical labor data.
- An automated workforce management solution will also help Carmike Cinemas more accurately manage compliance with complex labor laws and regulations that vary across cities and states including overtime, meal breaks, and sickness-related reporting.
- The movie theater company’s workforce will also gain easy access to data through online and mobile applications. This will allow managers to spend less time in the back office and more time addressing customer needs with the ability to approve timecards as well as time-off requests from their mobile devices. Employees can also simply go online or check their mobile devices to view their schedules and other information. All of these benefits are expected to increase Carmike Cinemas’ employee engagement and productivity, leading to improved customer satisfaction.
- Kronos was selected after a thorough evaluation of competing vendors and was chosen based on its market reputation and industry-specific features and functionality, helping address both business and employee needs.
Dawn Saint, manager of payroll, Carmike Cinemas
“We selected Kronos as it is the industry’s most renowned workforce management vendor offering deep functionality while extending ease-of-use. We also needed a superior cloud solution to support our growth strategy. We didn’t come across another vendor that matches Kronos in all these areas.”
Liz Moughan, director, retail and hospitality practice group, Kronos
“The challenges of managing a workforce dispersed among movie theaters across the nation are many but seizing the opportunity to more effectively manage this workforce offers significant benefits. To address these issues, Carmike Cinemas has made a progressive decision to integrate workforce data across all locations and gain visibility into this data with Kronos.”
- About Carmike Cinemas
- Connect with Kronos via Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- Subscribe to our workforce management blogs.
- Take a look at the lighter side of workforce management in our Time Well Spent cartoons.
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in delivering workforce management solutions in the cloud. Tens of thousands of organizations in more than 100 countries — including more than half of the Fortune 1000® — use Kronos to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Learn more about Kronos industry-specific time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications at www.kronos.com. Kronos: Workforce Innovation That Works™.
© 2015 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos and the Kronos logo are registered trademarks and Workforce Innovation That Works is a trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. See a complete list of Kronos trademarks. All other trademarks, if any, are property of their respective owners.