DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/6rhk3h/futureproofing) has announced the addition of Javelin Strategy & Research's new report "Future-Proofing Card Authorization" to their offering.
This report will analyze the prevalence of false-positive declines in the U.S., discuss the impact of such declines, and explore solutions - particularly EMV and mobile - that can help improve authorization analytics.
Fraud remains a serious danger in the U.S., but transactions wrongly declined due to suspected fraud - known as a false-positive - may represent just as big a threat. The report estimates that 15% of all cardholders have experienced a false decline in the past year, representing an annual decline amount of almost $118 billion. Unfortunately for issuers, a false-positive decline can seriously erode customer loyalty and pushes many consumers to abandon the issuer or merchant connected with the erroneous decline. Luckily, new technology such as EMV and mobile can help improve card authorization practices and reduce false-positive rates. This report will analyze the prevalence of false-positive declines in the U.S., discuss the impact of such declines, and explore solutions - particularly EMV and mobile - that can help improve authorization analytics.
Key Questions Answered:
- What is the total amount of money at stake in the U.S. in regard to declined transactions?
- What channels are typically seeing the most declined transactions today?
- What are issuers doing to improve card authorization practices?
- How does mobile affect established authorization practices?
- How will the upcoming EMV transition affect card authorization and related fraud trends?
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
- Card Authorization: What's at Stake?
- The Slow Rollout of EMV in the U.S.
- A Changing Retail Landscape: In-Store, Online, and Mobile
- A Balance Between Security and Innovation: Lessons From Apple Pay Fraud
- Card Fraud Remains a Complicated Problem
3. False-Positive Card Declines Cast a Wide Net
- Impact of False Positives
- When False Positives Occur
4. Issuers Brace for the EMV Rollout
- PIN Bypass Complications Arise From the Durbin Amendment
- Looking Forward to Authorization Solutions
- Shopping While Traveling: Leveraging Mobile to Decrease False Positives
- 3D Secure
- American Express
- BBVA Compass
- Bank of America
- Early Warning
- Zumigo Corp.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/6rhk3h/futureproofing
Source: Javelin Strategy & Research