MINNEAPOLIS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The NPD Group reports that the number of connected devices in the average U.S. Internet-enabled home has grown to nearly eight this year.* Yet, many consumers fail to realize that their expanding collection – multiple computers, tablets, gaming systems, 4KTVs, lights and thermostats – can strain their networks and produce sluggish connection speeds.
Best Buy has marshalled its customer insights, vendor partnerships and Geek Squad services to confront this issue at its core: the router. Now, the latest networking technology from global company NETGEAR®, developed in partnership with Best Buy, comes with one year of unlimited help from Geek Squad to attack the root cause of many network glitches.
“Everyone knows the pain of slow network speeds, limited range and lack of help when we need it most, yet we tend to ignore the care and feeding of our routers,” said Sean Stephens, senior director of Geek Squad Services at Best Buy. “This solution marries world-class NETGEAR technology built with insights from our customers to a trusted service provider who will be there the day you set up your new router and for a year after.”
The Geek Squad-embedded NETGEAR Nighthawk® DST-AC1900 router was made to the specifications of Best Buy, and comes complete with Geek Squad online and phone support. Geek Squad will not only set up, test and secure the home network, but agents will be available for an unprecedented free one year of unlimited help 24/7, online and by phone.
“The most aggravating problem people have with their home network is weak coverage or buffering in certain areas of their home,” said Oleg Fishel, senior manager of product marketing for NETGEAR. “With the Nighthawk DST Router and Adapter, you’ll not only get one of the most powerful routers on the market, but will be assured that no matter where you are in your home, you’ll have a strong, clear signal.”
Available for $299.99, the complete Geek Squad-NETGEAR router solution offers these unique advantages:
NETGEAR Nighthawk® DST-AC1900 & DST Adapter:
- DST (Dead Spot Terminator) Router features the latest technology to deliver extreme dual speed of up to 1900Mbps, support of 10 or more connected devices, prioritized bandwidth for streaming videos and music, and advanced features for lag-free gaming. Click here for product details.
- DST Adapter virtually eliminates dead zones and extends coverage using existing home electrical wiring. Simply plug the adapter into any power outlet and create new Wi-Fi access right there to eliminate weak Wi-Fi. Sets up in minutes, with no need to configure or install software.
Unlimited Geek Squad Support:
- Starts immediately at purchase, with an email including simple pre-set-up instructions. A quick start-up guide also is included on the router box and in an easy-to-understand online video.
- With pre-set-up complete, customers are guided to a 1-800 number or to GeekSquad.com to chat with an agent and complete their set-up. Geek Squad will customize settings, connect devices and secure the network.
- Unlimited post-set-up support remains available by phone or online 24/7 at no additional cost for one full year after purchase.
The new NETGEAR Nighthawk router with Geek Squad support is available now exclusively at Best Buy stores and online. For more information and specifications, visit http://www.geeksquad.com/tech-tips/netgear-nighthawk.
*The NPD Group, Inc. / Connected Intelligence Connected Home Entertainment Report, Q2 2015. More than 5,000 U.S. consumers, age 18 and older were surveyed through the second quarter of 2015. The number of installed and internet connected devices includes those that deliver broadband applications and must actually be connected to the Internet. Devices included in the tally are TVs, Blu-ray Disc players, streaming media players, video game consoles, computers, tablets, smartphones and the iPod Touch. Connected TV, streaming media player, and tablet ownership survey results were calibrated to life-to-date unit sales from the NPD Retail Tracking Service.
**Maximum wireless signal rate derived from IEEE standard 802.11 specifications. AC1900 equals 600Mbps at 2.4GHz 802.11n with 256 QAM support + 1300Mbps at 5GHz 802.11ac. Up to 1300Mbps wireless speeds achievable when connecting to other 802.11ac 1300Mbps devices. Actual data throughput and wireless coverage will vary. Network conditions and environmental factors, including volume of network traffic, building materials and construction, and network overhead, lower actual data throughput rate and wireless coverage. NETGEAR makes no express or implied representations or warranties about this product’s compatibility with any future standards.