DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/tzzc2l/designdriven) has announced the addition of the "Design-driven Innovation - Impact on Consumer Market" report to their offering.
Design-driven innovation (DDI), a strategic management concept is gaining momentum in creation of new products as well as expanding application base across industries. The future of design-driven innovation and its market impact will be related to organizations' ability to gain competitive edge. From offering next-generation portable super computers, smart devices, next-generation display technologies, flexible and wearable electronics, design-driven innovations are expected to have a high impact across various sectors in the consumer market.
This market segment is expected to be significantly influenced by design-driven innovation concept. Though a design-driven concept has garnered interest in multiple industries, some of the beneficiaries considered for the study include consumer electronics, consumer retail market and automotive and transportation. This research service covers the impact of design-driven innovation across consumer market segments.
The coverage includes:
- Significance of the concept
- Need for DDI in consumer markets
- DDI Use cases (implementation examples)
- Stakeholder activities
- Scenario - Innovation benefits and business models
- Futuristic Outlook of the DDI Concept
- Strategic insights
Significance of DDI
- Design-Driven Innovations is considered as the gateway for radical innovations in the consumer market.
- DDI aids in identifying and addressing the hitherto unmet needs of customers, which conventional solutions failed to meet.
Radical Technology Push
- Various strategies are being adopted by organizations in the consumer market to create radical innovations in their respective industries.
- Companies are investing heavily on research and development and offering reliable technology platforms, aiming to optimize value for customers.
DDI in consumer market
- Although customer feedback is considered by consumer electronics OEMs in the development of a new product, the organizations primarily focus on developing a radical innovation which would gain acceptance by the end-users upon commercialized.
DDI in Retail Market
- Various technologies such as RFIDs, augmented reality, virtual reality, and sensors among others are finding applications in the development of consumer retail solutions which could enhance the user experience.
- Pervasive computing, instant delivery systems, virtual trial rooms are some of the examples of design-driven innovations in the consumer sector market. DDI in Automotive
- The automotive industry is currently focusing on the development of sustainable solutions which would have lesser impact on the environment. Automotive OEMs are developing electric cars using light weight materials, thereby creating a sustainable solution.
- The OEMs are constantly seeking technologies which would aid in reduction of fuel consumption and control pollution emitted by the vehicles.
- 3D printing of electronic components, screenless display using motion control sensors, augmented reality glasses are expected to embrace DDI concept in the automotive sector in the future.
Prospects for DDI
- With customers' expectation on innovations limited to incremental innovations, the focus of manufacturers on radical innovation to create a paradigm shift in the industry, is eventually accepted by end users.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. Significance of Design-Driven Innovation (DDI)
3. Design-Driven Innovation in Consumer Markets
4. Key Innovators & Implementation Cases - DDI in Consumer Market
5. Futuristic Outlook of DDI in Consumer Retail Market
6. Futuristic Outlook of DDI in Consumer Electronics and Automotive Market
8. Key Patents & Contacts
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/tzzc2l/designdriven